Updating Site Connection: Dreamweaver CS3 & CS4
- Open Dreamweaver
Click the "Site" tab and select the "Manage Sites" link (fig 1.).
The Manage Sites window opens.
- Select the site you wish to edit and click the "Edit" button (fig 2).
The Site Definition window opens.
- Make sure "Local Info" is selected from the Category list on the left (fig 3).
- Check the "HTTP address" field and make sure the full URL for your site is entered (e.g.http://www.montana.edu/johnswebsite/).
- Select "Remote Info" from the Category list on the left (fig 4.)
The Remote Info section is displayed
Update your Remote settings to be as follows:
- FTP host: webdev.msu.montana.edu
- Host Directory: public_html
- Login: Leave as is
The Login which is your web account name does not need updated as your web account name has not changed.
- Password: your new password
- Check box: Use Secure FTP (SFTP).
- Click the "Test" button, to check your new connection settings.
- A pop-up window will open to confirm that DW hassuccessfully connected to the server.(fig 5).
- Click the "OK" button to close pop-up and again in the main window (fig 4) to save connections settings.
- Click the "Done" button to exit "Manage Sites" (fig 6).
If you receive any errors first check that your settings, username, and password have all been entered correctly. For additional assistance please contact the IT Center Help Desk at email@example.com.