Follow the instructions below to update your site configuration settings on Dreamweaver CS3 & CS4 to connect to webdev.msu.montana.edu.
- Open Dreamweaver
- Click the "Site" tab and select the "Manage Sites" link (fig 1.). The Manage Sites window opens.
- Select the site you wish to edit and click the "Edit" button (fig 2).
- Make sure "Local Info" is selected from the Category list on the left (fig 3).
- Check the "HTTP address" field and make sure the full URL for your site is entered (e.g.http://www.montana.edu/johnswebsite/).
- Select "Remote Info" from the Category list on the left (fig 4.) The Remote Info section is displayed.
- Update your Remote settings to be as follows:
- FTP host:webdev.msu.montana.edu
- Host Directory:public_html
- Login: Leave as is The Login which is your web account name does not need updated as your web account name has not changed.
- Password:your new password
- Check box: Use Secure FTP (SFTP).
If you receive any errors first check that your settings, username, and password have all been entered correctly. For additional assistance please contact the IT Center Help Desk at email@example.com.