Updating Site Connection: Dreamweaver CS5
Follow the instructions below to update your site configuration settings on Dreamweaver CS5 to connect to webdev.msu.montana.edu
- Open Dreamweaver
- Click "Manage Sites" under the "Site" tab.
- Select the site you wish to edit and click the "Edit" button.>
- The Server settings window opens.
- Click "Servers" on the left sidebar.
- Select the server (gemini.msu.montana.edu) and click on the "pencil icon" at the bottom of the list to edit the server settings.
- Update the server settings to be:
- Server Name: webdev.msu.montana.edu
- Connect using: SFTP
- SFTP Address: webdev.msu.montana.edu
- Password: Enter your new password
- Root Directory: /export/home/USERNAME/public_html/
OR if connecting to a secure site (https) enter:/export/home/USERNAME/public_html_secure/
- Web URL:Full web address of your site (eg: http://www.montana.edu/johnswebsite/).
- Click the "Test" button to ensure that the site connects correctly.
- Click the "Save" button to save your updated settings.
If you do receive an error when testing your connection first check that your settings, username, and password have all been entered correctly. For additional assistance please contact the IT Center Help Desk at firstname.lastname@example.org.