Updating Site Connection: Filezilla
Filezilla is a free and easy to use SFTP/FTP program for transferring files to the internet. It can be used on Windows, Mac, and Linux systems. To download a copy go to http://filezilla-project.org/download.html?type=client and choose the file for your platform.
To update or set up a connection from your site to webdev.msu.montana.edu please follow the instructions below.
- Open FileZilla.
- Click the "File" menu to open and select the "Site Manager" link.
The "Site Manager" window opens.
- Click the "New Site" button (fig. 2).
" A New Site" listing is created under "My Sites" .
- Click on "A New Site" and enter our site's name (fig. 2b).
- Enter webdev.msu.montana.edu in the "Host" field.
- Enter 22 in the "Port" field.
- Select SFTP-SSH File Transfer Protocol for the "Protocol".
- Select Normal for the "Logon Type".
- Enter your web account name in the "User" field.
- Enter your web account password in the "Password" field.
Password information can be found at the following link.
- Click the "Advanced" tab at the top of thewindow.
- OPTIONAL: In the "Default local directory" field enter: folder name on your computer where you store your website files; -or- select the folder by using the browse button.
- In the "Default remote directory" field enter:/export/home/accountname/public_html/
where "accountname" is the your Web account name.
- Click the "Connect" button to connect to your updated site.
If you receive any errors first check that your settings, username, and password have all been entered correctly. For additional assistance please contact the IT Center Help Desk at email@example.com.