The most common way to access Knox using Windows XP is by creating and using a Network Location.
To create a Network Location:
- Click the "My Computer" link in the Start menu (figure 1), or the icon on your desktop.
- Click the "My Network Places" link (figure 2).
- Click "Add a network place" (figure 3).
Click "Folders" if you don't see the "Add a network place" link.
The Add Network Place Wizard opens.
- Click "Next".
- Click "Choose another network location", then click "Next" (figure 4).
- Enter the address to your Knox folder (figure 5).
The "Connect to Peridot" login
window opens, Peridot is just an alias for Knox".
- Log in with your MSU domain username and
password (figure 6).
(example: MSU\jane.doe )
Your MSU Domain username is the account you use every
day to log in to your computer. Don‘t forget the
preceding MSU\ — this
- Enter a descriptive name for the network place ( figure 7).
- Click "Finish" to exit the wizard (figure 8).