The most common way to access Knox using Windows 7 is by creating and using a Network Location.
To create a Network Location:
- Click the "Computer" link located in the Start menu (figure 1), or the icon on your desktop.
- Click "Map Network Drive" (figure 2).
- Click the "Connect to a Web site that you can use..." link (figure 3). The "Add a Network Location" Wizard opens (figure 4).
- Click "Next".
- Highlight the "Choose another network location" (figure 5), then click "Next".
- Enter the address for your knox folder (figure 6)
(example: https://knox.montana.edu/YourFolderName), then click "Next".
The "Connect to knox.montana.edu" login window opens.
- Enter your NetID and password (figure 7).
- Enter a name for the network location ( figure 8), then click "Next".
- Click "Finish" to exit the wizard (figure 9).
NOTE: If you just received permissions to access a Knox folder and are unable to login you may need to log out of your computer and then back in before trying to access your folder.Return to top