IT Security Council
Montana State University can enhance institutional security efforts across the extended information technology community with a renewed effort based on active collaboration. The MSU Information Security Council will facilitate communication and collaboration focused on information security and data privacy issues. Discussion of emergent threats, new technologies, and policies under consideration, the sharing of best practices for security and privacy, and training and professional development opportunities will be the focus. The Council is advisory to the Bozeman IT Council, the Enterprise IT Council, and the CIO.
Areas of Responsibility
- Learn about current and emerging information security threats to the University.
- Discuss shared challenges and new security services.
- Provide leadership in the areas of compliance and accountability with policy and best practices across the University.
- Discuss proposed policy and standards and facilitate the development and modification of both.
- Support a shared approach to training and professional development in the area of information security.
The MSU Information Security Council is made up of IT staff from various departments and units across the 4 MSU campuses.