- “Tradable Emissions Permits with Offsets” (with Nathan Braun and Timothy Fitzgerald), forthcoming in Emissions Trading as a Policy Instrument edited by Beat Hintermann and Marc Gronwald, MIT Press. [pdf]
- “The Tangled Web of Agricultural Insurance: Evaluating the Impacts of Government Policy” (with Vincent Smith), forthcoming at the Journal of Agricultural and Resource Economics. [pdf]
- “Arriving in Time: Estimation of English Auctions with a Stochastic Number of Bidders” (with José Canals-Cerdá), Journal of Business & Economic Statistics, (2013), Vol. 31, No. 2, pp. 125-135. [pdf] [Supplementary Appendix]
- “Dynamic Pricing: When to Entice Brand Switching and When to Reward Consumer Loyalty”
(with Yongmin Chen), RAND Journal of Economics, (2010), Vol. 41, No. 4, pp. 674-685.
- The technical appendix to the paper: Pearcy-Chen-DP-Appendix.pdf
- Here are two Matlab programs you can use to easily and quickly replicate some of the results. I've also included the output from each program in case you don't have the required software. Each program requires Matlab with the symbolic toolbox running the Maple engine. Note that the newer MuPAD engine (R2008b onwards) is currently not backwards compatible.
- To replicate Proposition 2 of the paper & Section H of the Technical Appendix: no_commitment.m ⇒ no_commitment_output.pdf
- To replicate Proposition 3 of the paper & Sections J & K of the Technical Appendix: commitment.m ⇒ commitment_output.pdf
- “Efficient Classified Land Taxation” (with Erik Johnson), under review. [pdf]
- “Bargains Followed by Bargains: When Switching Costs Make Markets More Competitive”, under review. [pdf]
- “Actual and Potential Competition in International Telecommunications” (with Scott Savage), under review. [pdf]
- “Mortgage Moratoria: Buying Time or Delaying the Inevitable?” (with J. Michael Collins and Carly Urban). [pdf]
- “The Competitive and Welfare Effects of Food Labeling Standards”
- “Carbon Offset Use in the EU ETS” (with Timothy Fitzgerald and Nathan Braun)