- “Tradable Emissions Permits with Offsets” (with Nathan Braun and Timothy Fitzgerald), in Emissions Trading as a Policy Instrument: Evaluation and Prospects edited by Beat Hintermann and Marc Gronwald, MIT Press, (2015). [pdf]
- “The Tangled Web of Agricultural Insurance: Evaluating the Impacts of Government Policy” (with Vincent Smith), Journal of Agricultural and Resource Economics, (2015), Vol. 40, No. 1, pp. 80-111. [pdf]
- “Arriving in Time: Estimation of English Auctions with a Stochastic Number of Bidders” (with José Canals-Cerdá), Journal of Business & Economic Statistics, (2013), Vol. 31, No. 2, pp. 125-135. [pdf] [Supplementary Appendix]
- “Dynamic Pricing: When to Entice Brand Switching and When to Reward Consumer Loyalty”
(with Yongmin Chen), RAND Journal of Economics, (2010), Vol. 41, No. 4, pp. 674-685.
- The technical appendix to the paper: Pearcy-Chen-DP-Appendix.pdf
- Here are two Matlab programs you can use to easily and quickly replicate some of the results. I've also included the output from each program in case you don't have the required software. Each program requires Matlab with the symbolic toolbox running the Maple engine. Note that the newer MuPAD engine (R2008b onwards) is currently not backwards compatible.
- To replicate Proposition 2 of the paper & Section H of the Technical Appendix: no_commitment.m ⇒ no_commitment_output.pdf
- To replicate Proposition 3 of the paper & Sections J & K of the Technical Appendix: commitment.m ⇒ commitment_output.pdf
- “Bargains Followed by Bargains: When Switching Costs Make Markets More Competitive”, revised and resubmitted to the Journal of Economics and Management Strategy. [pdf]
- “Actual and Potential Competition in International Telecommunications” (with Scott Savage), revised and resubmitted to the International Journal of Industrial Organization. [pdf] [Supplementary Appendix]
- “Efficient Classified Land Taxation” (with Erik Johnson). [pdf]
- “Setting the Bar: The Competitive and Welfare Effects of Food Labeling Standards”
- “Steam Coal at an Arms Length: An Evaluation of Proposed Reform Options for US Coal Used in Power Generation” (with Mark Haggerty and Megan Lawson). [pdf]