Blackstone and Entrepreneurship
- Nationwide, The Blackstone Charitable Foundation is supporting entrepreneurship through a $50 million, five-year Entrepreneurship Initiative.
- Driven by the urgent need for job growth in the United States, The Blackstone Charitable Foundation seeks to support innovative projects and catalytic ideas that can accelerate start-ups, job growth and economic activity.
- Other projects include:
- Blackstone Entrepreneurs Network in North Carolina’s Research Triangle – $3.6 million grant created a consortium of major Triangle universities to build a dense and high-performance network of master entrepreneurs who grow high-potential startups into the next generation of companies.
- Blackstone Accelerates Growth in Maine – $3 million grant to establish regional hubs of innovation and entrepreneurship around the state of Maine to support new and existing companies poised for innovation and growth.
- Blackstone Organizational Grants – an annual $1 million grant program to identify and help innovative organizations globally pilot, expand or replicate programs that will catalyze the growth of successful businesses, industries, and communities. Organizations funded include Launch Tennessee, Pacific Community Ventures, and the United Negro College Fund.