Research Enhancement Awards
The College of Letters and Science is pleased to accept applications for Research Enhancement Awards for faculty travel to conferences, archives, and research sites.
Eligibility & Award Stipulations:
Tenure-track faculty may apply for up to $2,000 annually. Expenses can include conference registration, airfare, mileage, and lodging. International travel will be supported.
- Priority will be given to faculty who have less access to travel funds through grants, F&A funds (in either departmental or PI accounts), start-ups, or other sources.
- Awards must be spent out within the application period awarded and cannot be moved or extended to future award periods, especially the spring application period (which ends June 30, end of fiscal year).
- Recipients will be expected to provide a brief, final report to their Department Head and to the Dean within one month of returning.
- Please adhere to the listed deadline on the Awards webpage. You may contact the Dean’s Office for any questions or concerns at (406) 994-4288 or via e-mail at firstname.lastname@example.org.
There are three award periods during any given academic year:
|Fall application period||For travel occurring October 1 - January 31|
|Spring application period||For travel occurring February 1 - June 30|
|Summer application period||For travel occurring July 1 - September 30|
Deadlines for each application period are typically 2-3 weeks prior to the travel start date of each application period. The Dean's Office makes every effort to make funding decisions as quickly as possible in order to allow time to book travel.
Please note, applying out of award period (for example, applying early during Fall application period for a Spring opportunity) will disqualify your application; your application will not be reviewed.
- The Fall 2018 application for travel between October 1, 2018 - January 31, 2019 will open on August 24, 2018 and close August 24, 2018, 3PM. Notification on awards will likely go out mid September.
- The Spring 2019 application for travel between February 1, 2019 - June 30, 2019 will open on December 7, 2018 and close January 4, 2019, 3PM. Notification on awards will likely go out mid January.
- The Summer 2019 application for travel between July 1 - September 30, 2019 will open on April 19, 2019 and close May 10, 2019, 3PM. Notification on awards will likely go out late May.
For more information or to submit an application click on the button below.