Graduate Student Fellowship
Kopriva Fellowship Application
Faculty in biomedical-related disciplines are invited to sponsor an advanced Ph.D. graduate student for the 2018-2019 Kopriva Graduate Student Fellowship. The student must have passed his/her comprehensive exams. The College of Letters and Science at MSU established the Kopriva Graduate Student Fellowship program in 1991 through a generous gift from Philip Kopriva, a 1957 graduate of MSU in Biological Sciences and Chemistry. Each year the Kopriva fund makes a fellowship award of up to $5,000 to an outstanding graduate student. The award is intended to enhance the student’s thesis research program, but cannot be used for salary support.
Examples of acceptable support items include:
- Travel to meetings or for instruction
- Equipment necessary for the student’s individual project
- Special research services
The student is expected to deliver a Kopriva Student Research Lecture in the subsequent academic year. The presentation must be made prior to graduation.
The deadline for application is Friday, April 26, 2019 with the award to start July 1, 2019.
The following materials should be sent via email to CLSAwards@montana.edu.
- Student’s CV and graduate transcripts
- Brief one-paragraph statement of the student’s Ph.D. research project proposal
- Budget for use of the Kopriva funds
- Letter of reference from the student’s thesis advisor, summarizing the basis for nomination and evidence of the student’s “promise of excellence”