Distinguished Speakers Series Application
Departments are able to apply for fund matching (up to $1,000) from the College of Letters & Science in order to help curb the cost of bringing in a distinguished speaker. Because of uncertain funding, please be aware that we may not be able to support all Distinguished Speaker requests. When booking a speaker, back-up funds from your own department may be needed in case your department does not receive funding from the Dean's Office.
The College will be accepting Fall 2019 and Spring 2020 applications, though Spring 2020 is highly recommended.
- Talk dates must be cleared by the Dean's Office by: July 26, 5PM
- Application must be submitted by: August 2, 5PM
To be considered for funding:
- Departments must check their talk date with the Dean's Office before applying (Call Kate at 406-994-4288). The Dean's Office may ask you to move your talk date if it interferes with a College or large University event for you to be considered for funding.
- Departments must confirm a venue before applying.
- Departments must have a confirmed date of the talk and a confirmed speaker before applying.
denotes required fields.