Distinguished Speakers Series Application
Departments are able to apply for fund matching (up to $1,000) from the College of Letters & Science in order to help curb the cost of bringing in a distinguished speaker. Because of uncertain funding, please be aware that we may not be able to support all Distinguished Speaker requests. When booking a speaker, back-up funds from your own department may be needed in case your department does not receive funding from the Dean's Office.
The College will not be accepting Fall 2018 applications.
- Talk dates must be cleared by the Dean's Office by: July 27, 5PM
- Application must be submitted by: August 1, 5PM
To be considered for funding:
- Departments must check their talk date with the Dean's Office before applying (Call Kate at 406-994-4288). The Dean's Office may ask you to move your talk date if it interferes with a College or large University event for you to be considered for funding.
- Departments must confirm a venue before applying.
- Departments must have a confirmed date of the talk and a confirmed speaker before applying.
The 2018-2019 Distinguished Speaker series application period is now closed. Check back for the 2019-2020 application to be opened mid June 2019.