Student Research Travel Grants
The College of Letters and Science is pleased to accept applications for travel grants for undergraduate and graduate students to present original research, papers, or posters at professional and academic conferences.
Eligibility & Award Stipulations:
- Students may apply for up to $500 to present papers or posters at a conference. Expenses may include travel and lodging. Please be aware that the College cannot fund students who will only be attending a conference.
- You may contact the Dean’s Office for any questions or concerns at (406) 994-4288 or via e-mail at email@example.com.
- The application will ask you for a faculty reference. We will follow up with your reference on your application and travel after the submission deadline with an email (September 5th). Faculty references are made via our recommendation form, of which faculty will have Wednesday September 5th - Wednesday, September 12, 2018 to submit.
Application Due Dates:
- The Fall 2018 application for travel between July 1 - December 31, 2018, will be open on August 27, 2018, and will be due by Wednesday, September 5, 2018 by 5:00pm. Faculty recommendations will be due Wednesday, September 12, 2018.
- The Spring 2019 application for travel between January 1 - June 30, 2019, will be open on January 9, 2019, and will be due by Friday, January 18, 2019 by 5:00pm. Faculty recommendations will be due Friday, January 25, 2019.
Student Research Travel Grant Application
The Fall 2018 STG Application closed at 5PM on Wednesday, September 5, 2018. Please check back in Spring 2019 for the next award cycle.
Faculty references are currently being contacted, and have until Wednesday, September 12, 2018 to complete recommendations for submitted STG applications.