Two options to complete the Library Media Certificate are available:
- Library Media Certificate
Contact Dr. Ann Ewbank for program information. This program is geared to licensed teachers who want to obtain the school library media endorsement or teachers seeking school library media professional development.
- Master’s degree in Curriculum and Instruction, Professional Educator Option. The Library Media program offers an option to earn a Masters degree (M.Ed.) in Curriculum & Instruction after completion of all Library Media coursework. The Masters portion involves completion of 9 additional credits past the 21 required by the Library Media Certificate program, and these courses are also offered online. A student must apply to the full M.Ed. program either initially or before 9 credits of Library Media coursework have been completed. Contact the director, Dr. Ann Ewbank, for additional information or visit the Curriculum & Instruction website.
Application Process (Library Media Certificate)
Prior to applying for the Library Media Certificate program applicants must hold a teaching license and have gained at least one year teaching experience.
- Complete the online application through the Graduate School Online Application System
- Provide official transcripts from all higher education institutions attended to the Department of Education Graduate Programs Office, 215 Reid Hall, PO Box 172880, Montana State University, Bozeman, MT 59717.
- Note: Admission to the program requires a cumulative GPA of 3.0 for the last two years of undergraduate coursework.
Application Process (Master's degree in Curriculum & Instruction, Professional Educator
The following are the preferred application deadline dates by which all of the application materials must be submitted via the Graduate School Online Application System:
- Fall Semester: May 1st
- Spring Semester: November 1st
- Summer Semester: April 1st
The following are the absolute application deadline dates. If an applicant is unable to submit all application materials via the online application system by the preferred dates listed above, he or she can submit the materials by the date listed below, as there will be a second review.
- Fall Semester: August 15th
- Spring Semester: January 2nd
- Summer Semester: May 1st
Gainful Employment Program Disclosures
Note: This information only applies to certificate programs.
For more information about our graduation rates, the median debt of students who completed the program, and other important information, please visit our website at http://www.montana.edu/opa/GEdisclosures/#schoollibrarymedia
Obtaining MSU Transcripts
Course tuition for Continuing Education courses must be paid directly to Extended University.
For financial aid information, please visit the MSU Financial Aid.
Montana State University
P.O. Box 173860
Bozeman, MT 59717-3860
Tel: (406) 994-6550
Fax: (406) 994-7856