Requirements and Schedule
In order to help you plan completion of your K-12 Library Media certification program we are listing upcoming courses from 2013-2015. It is possible that we may add a course or two as needs dictate or that a course might be cancelled due to unforeseen circumstances.
Please remember that this certification program/endorsement must be added to an existing teaching certificate.
Graduate Level Library Media Certification Program
- EDCI 522 3 cr. Information Resources & Services
- EDCI 545 3 cr. Organization of Information in School Library Media Center
- EDCI 546 3 cr. The School Library Media Specialist
- EDCI 547 3 cr. Information Inquiry and Educational Change
- EDCI 548 3 cr. Management of Information and Resources
- EDCI 549 3 cr. Applications of Literature for Children and Young Adults
- EDCI 598 3 cr. Internship
- EDCI 580 3 cr. If offered, course topics will vary and may substitute for EDCI 598. Must be approved by Dr. Ewbank.
|Fall||EDCI 545||EDCI 547|
|Spring||EDCI 522||EDCI 549|
|Summer||EDCI 546||EDCI 548||EDCI 598|
*Note: EDCI 580 topics, if offered, will vary and may substitute for EDCI 598 (Internship) for those teachers already working in a school library media center. Contact Dr. Ewank.