Mechanical Design Laboratory
The Mechanical Engineering / Mechanical Engineering Technology Design lab provides state of the art desktop design tools for design, analysis, and presentation. Most of the programs available in the CADD lab are also available in this adjacent lab, including:
- Pro-Engineer, Solidworks, and AutoCAD for computer aided design and drafting;
- Ansys, Pro-Mechanica and Cosmos for finite element analysis,
- Rhinoceros for 3-D modeling and CAM interfacing;
- Mathcad, Matlab, Excel, and Maple for mathematical analysis;
- Working Model for kinematic analysis,
- LabVIEW for Instrumentation, Measurement and Control
- the Microsoft Office Suite for Word Processing, Graphing, Database Management, etc,
- various other applications
Classes do not regularly meet in this facility - making it the primary work space for upperclassmen in the ME and MET programs. The lab features 25 networked computers with dual displays - plus printing and conference facilities.
For more information on Mechanical Engineering at Montana State University, send a request via E-mail or write to:
Department of M&IE
P.O. Box 173800
Bozeman, MT 59717-3800
Please send any questions or comments to email@example.com.