M&IE faculty members are pushing the limits of several state of the art measurement techniques. Understanding the behavior of materials at extremely low temperatures, or transport in micro-capillaries is crucial for the advancement of many current technologies. Our faculty members have:
- Advanced the understanding of rheologically complex visco-elastic polymers.
- Developed engineering applications of magnetic resonance techniques to materials characterization.
- Impacted the current understanding of the behavior of snow and ice.
- Studied high temperature fluidized be heat transfer.
- Explored measurement of turbulent pressure fluctuations in boundary layer flows with supersonic free stream flows.
M&IE faculty members involved in measurement systems include: