to Jack Jelinski's Main Page ]
American Association of Teachers of Spanish and Portuguese
Montana Association of Language Teachers
Pacific Northwest Council on Foreign Languages
Rocky Mountain Modern Language Association
PROFESSIONAL DISTINCTIONS and OFFICES HELD:
- Vilas (Scholastic) Fellowship, 1966-1967.
- Wisconsin Leadership Award, 1966-1967.
- President: University of Wisconsin Spanish Club,
- Sigma Delta Pi (Honorary for Spanish majors),
1967: Projects Chairman elect.
- Indiana University Fellowship, 1967-1968.
- N.D.E.A. Fellow - University of Wisconsin,
- Vice President, Montana AATSP, 1976-1977.
- President, Montana AATSP, 1977-1978.
- Chairman, Spanish Literature Section Pacific
Northwest Council Foreign Languages
- N.E.H. Panel Member for Grant Proposals in Romance
Languages and Ethnic Studies,
- N.E.H. Resources person - Pacific Northwest Region
- Pacific Northwest council on Foreign Languages,
elected member - Executive Board, 1977-1981.
- International Who's Who in Education, 1979
(International Biographical Center, Cambridge).
- Who's Who in the West,
17th Edition, 1980.
- Vice-President, Montana Association of Language
Teachers (MALT). 1980-1981.
- Executive Committee - MALT - 1981-1982. The Dept.
of Modern Languages co-sponsored the state conference at MSU.
- Vice-President Elect, MALT, 1982-1983.
- State Director of Montana for Sigma Delta Pi -
National Honor Society for Hispanic Studies - Appointed in 1987 for three year term.
- Montana State University/Bozeman Chamber of Commerce Award of Excellence (award given to faculty mentors of outstanding undergraduates) received in 1985 and 1986.
- Secretary-elect, Foreign Language Linguistics
Section of the Rocky Mountain Modern Language Association 1989-1990.
- Chair, Foreign Language - Linguistics Section of
the Rocky Mountain Modern Language Association 1990-1991.
- President, Montana Association of Language
Teachers. Responsible for organizing the state-wide conference in April 1992 and the joint MALT/MEA Conference in October of 1992.
- Editorial Board: The Montana Professor,
published at Eastern Montana College.
- Editorial Board: Language Quarterly,
published by the Division of Language, University of South Florida. 1992-1997.
- Chair, Foreign Language-Linguistics Section of the
Rocky Mountain Modern Language Association, 1993.
- Mortar Board Award for Outstanding Service, 1993.
- Executive Board - MALT, 1994.
- Selected as April Professor of the Month by Mortar
- Guest Editor: Spring 1996 Issue of The Montana
- Runner-Up for the Distinguished Presidential
Teaching Award. April 1995. Nominated by: Tawna Mitchell.
- Selected for inclusion in: Who's Who Among
America's Teachers, 1996. Nominated by former student: Carolyn Sears.
- Selected as "Teacher of the Year" by the
Pi Beta Phi Sorority of MSU, 1997.
- Excellence Award for Superior Teaching - Awarded
by Montana Association of Language Teachers, 1997. (Annual award given to the outstanding university foreign
- MSU Alumni-Chamber of Commerce Award For
- Guest Editor (with Henry Gonshak), Special Issue
on the events of September 11: The Montana Professor, Vol.
12, No. 2, Spring 2002.