to Jack Jelinski's Main Page ]
SELECTED ADMINISTRATION/SERVICE - EXTERNAL:
- Coordinator of Lower Division and Co-Director of Dept. Assignment Committee, University of Wisconsin-Madison Dept. of Spanish and Portuguese, 1972-1973.
- Member, Editorial Board of the Pacific Northwest Council on Foreign Languages (PNCFL), 1976-1978.
- Outside consultant (remunerated) in review of Dept. of Foreign Languages and Literatures, Oregon State University. Report submitted to Dean, Dr. David King on May 24, 1979.
- Steering Committee Member of the Montana Committee for Foreign Languages and International
Studies (appointed by Governor Judge). 1980.
- N.E.H. Reviewer-Panelist. Division of Research Programs.
-- Review of project #RD-20062 submitted 10/22/80. "Language Skill Attrition." Project submitted by Dr. Richard D. Lambert - University of Pennsylvania.
-- Review of Project #RD-20261 submitted 3/15/82. "Proposal for the First International Basque Conference in North America." Project submitted by Prof. Castresana, University of California, Berkeley.
- Council for International Exchange of Scholars - Review of project proposal for funding.
Preparation of anthology of Spanish women novelists - post-Civil War Spain. Submitted December 1983.
- Language Program Consultant (remunerated) Summer 1981 at Martin Center College, Indianapolis, IN.
MCC is an inner-city black college. I have been acquainted with its President, Father Boniface Hardin for many years. Since I am familiar with foreign-language extension materials, I was invited to consult with the academic officers and staff to establish a pilot program in Foreign Languages for MCC students. (President's letter of evaluation available).
- Outside consultant (remunerated) in review of the Dept. of Foreign Languages and Literatures, Boise State University. Report submitted to Dr. Kenneth M. Hollenbough - Associate Executive Vice President, May-June, 1982.
- Reviewer - Evaluator: Montana Educational Challenge Project. Park County High School - Livingston, April-May 1984 and Three Forks High School, September 18, 1984. Office of Public Instruction - Helena.
- Outside consultant (remunerated) in the administrative review of an appeal regarding an appointment made in the Department of Foreign Languages and Literatures, Iowa State University, Ames, Iowa, March, 1984.
- Democratic Precinct Chairman - Elected November 1986, November 1987.
- Selected by the Montana State Board of Education as member of the Review Team for Accreditation of Teachers Education Programs at Carroll College, 1986.
- Coordinated Intensive Summer Spanish Program in Patzcuaro, Michoacan, Mexico (State Program). Summer of 1986.
- Title II Grant Teacher for inservice program for secondary school teachers in Phonetic training and teaching to meet proficiency goals. October 1985-August 1986. Team-taught with Dr. Antony Beltramo (University of Montana).
- Career Days presentations: Bozeman Senior High School, from 1985 to the present.
- Assistance to High School Teachers in Manhattan and Twin Bridges in establishing Spanish language
- Member, Board of Directors and Secretary of the Gallatin County Task Force on Human Rights from
- Vice-Chair, Gallatin County Democratic Party from January, 1989 - 1992.
- Campaign Chairman/Treasurer for Representative Dorothy Bradley - 1990.
- Elected Democratic Party Precinct Chairman - 1996 and 1998.
- Elected Democratic Party Precinct Chairman - 1999-2000.