Resources for Manufacturers
Table of Contents
- Pool of Willing Workers
- Online Data Bases
- Safety Programs
- Pollution Prevention
- Related Sites
- MMEC Office Host Partners
- Manufacturing Allies
Are time-consuming tasks interfering with getting your product out on time? Do you find yourself short of assembly workers for a project or in need of a periodic or occasional organized pool of workers? A solution may be within reach...
(click on links listed in this section to learn more about grant programs that can move your business forward)
- Montana International Marketing Assistance Grants through the Office of Trade & International Relations Montana Department of Commerce
- Guidelines: Read More...
- Finance Resources commerce.mt.gov/financeresources.mcpx
- Funding Opportunties and Grants http://commerce.mt.gov/businessresources.mcpx
- Growth Through Agriculture (GTA)Program
- Incumbent Worker Training Grants
- 11 Certified Regional Development Corporations across Montana dedicated to economic development in their surrounding counties. These organizations bring together private and public sectors in a partnership to provide innovative solutions to growth challenges.
- Big Sky Trust Fund http://bstf.mt.gov/default.mcpx
- Northwest TAAC - Is your business significantly affected by imports?
- Find and Apply for federal grants www.grants.gov
- See also Training Grants
(click on program name or logo for link)
- Montana Manufacturers Information System (MMIS)
Be a Supplier/Find a Buyer
MMIS is an interactive database to help Montana manufacturers locate potential new customers and identify suppliers that are Montana firms, allowing money to stay in the state. It is designed to also link them with worldwide markets. MMIS is still expanding and developing, and ALL Montana manufacturers are encouraged to participate. MMIS contains information on products and services to lead to new or expanded Montana businesses.
- Made in Montana/Grown in Montana online product directory
- Dunn & Bradstreet
- Search information on over 100,000 public and private companies.
- ThomasNet.com - The Marketplace for Industrial Buying
- Free industrial marketplace containing 550,000 distributors, manufacturers and service companies in 6,000 categories; searchable by product/service, location, brand and company name. Includes supplier catalogs, brochures and linecards. Send RFQ's and purchase directly from suppliers using Order Online.
- Zycon Online resource to assist the engineering and manufacturing community find and evaluate manufacturers and suppliers worldwide. Free and fee-based listings.
- Industrial Quick Search, Inc.
- Online resource for manufacturers of industrial products and services. Also find suppliers & distributors by category.
- Fee-based listing.
- Manufacturers' Agents National Association MANA is a membership organization committed to connecting companies and professional sales reps, offering customized assistance.
- Montana Safety Services Council a non-profit educational association established in 1993 to provide safety and health related services. These services include safety training, consulting, technical assistance, seminars and an annual conference.
- WorkSafeMT Montana's poor work safety record costs us millions every year. It shortens careers and steals lives. Check out how you can change this.
- Montana Safety Choices through the Montana Chamber of Commerce
- Tips on Safety resource with video clips and classes. Provided by Montana State Fund.
- Safety & Loss Prevention Library
- Montana Risk Management provides an online list of safety and loss prevention topics to click for more information.
- Montana Occupational Safety & Health Training Institute provides basic and advanced training courses in safety and health.
- Office of Trade and International Relations, Montana Department of CommerceProviding export information as well as technical and marketing assistance to Montana companies pursuing commercial opportunities here and abroad to help Montanans prosper by diversifying their customer base and increasing their sales of Montana products and services.
- Export.govA website managed by the International Trade Administration in collaboration partners to help U.S. companies export. See the Handy Guide to Exporting on this site.
- Montana District Export Council Established in 1973 by the President and the Secretary of Commerce, District Export Councils are mandated to support the export expansion activities of the U.S. Department of Commerce and serve as a link between the business community and U.S. Export Assistance Centers (USEAC) across the United States.
- Montana World Trade Center The Montana World Trade Center is a nonprofit organization whose purpose is to help businesses establish and strengthen their international commercial capabilities. The Center develops untapped international trade opportunities and helps businesses capitalize on opportunities to expand their market share around the world.
- U.S. Commercial Service (www.buyUSA.gov)The U.S. Commercial Service helps U.S. companies find new international business partners in worldwide markets. The website has useful information that you can search by country.
- Peaks to Prairies
- In cooperation with EPA Region 8 states, Peaks to Prairies looks for ways to encourage adoption of pollution prevention practices by citizens, small businesses, and local governments.
- Montana Pollution Prevention Program
- The MT P2 Program is dedicated to helping the state's small businesses and local governments use progressive, integrated pollution prevention (P2) strategies to increase productivity, while safeguarding our air, water, land and other natural resources. See also Montana Materials Exchange to find, give away, sell or trade materials.
- Small Business Assistance Program, a separate, non-regulatory, program within the Department of Environmental Quality, the Small Business Assistance Program serves to assist Montana businesses to understand and comply with applicable environmental regulations.
Associated Employers of Montanaa non-profit membership organization.Training offered in employee relations, management, human resources, research and governmental regulations areas.
- NorthWestern Energy Click icon for Energy Management Solutions & more from NorthWestern Energy
- Certificate and 2-Year Degree Programs through the Montana University System (see left column on landing page for specific institutions, programs)
- Professional Development CenterTraining to state agencies and Montana organizations.
- Food & Agricultural Development Centers A network of centers that work with businesses that produce and commercialize food, ag and renewabel energy products & proceses, supporting economic development in the state.
- Montana Chamber of Commerce, MT Manufacturing Council leads the fight to represent manufacturers and their interests statewide
- Montana Economic Developers Association
- Montana Procurement Technical Assistance Program
- Montana Small Business Development Center - with 10 offices across Montana
- Prospera Business Network (formerly Gallatin Development Corp.)
- Quest Integration-Check out their latest newsletter that features regional engineering and manufacturing news!
- Flathead Valley Community College
- MSU College of Engineering
- Montana Department of CommerceGreat Falls Development AuthorityUM School of Business Administration
Meet your manufacturing allies that supported MMEC's Compete Smart Manufacturing Conference in 2014! Please do business with thiese fine sponsors.
- NorthWestern Energy: Community Works (co-host w/ MMEC)
- Montana Manufacturing Extension Center
- Montana Chamber of Commerce
- Montana Department of Commerce
Montana Department of Labor:
- Jobs for Montana's Graduates (JGM)
- Registered Apprenticeship & Training Program
- Incumbent Worker Training
- Choose Montana
- Big Sky Economic DevelopmentMontana PTAC
- First Interstate Bank
- Montana Department of Environmental Quality
- InterDyn BMI
- McDantim Gas Blending Technology
- Montana Department of Agriculture
- Montana State Fund
- Montana Hydraulics/FELCO Industries
- MSU College of Engineering
- AlphaGraphics Bozeman
- Anderson Zurmuehlen & Cascadia Business Development
- Associated Employers & Montana Safety Services Council
- Visit Billings
- Blackfoot Telecommunications Group
- Montana Dakota Utilities
- Montana Department of Environmental Quality
- Montana Community Finance Corporation
- Moss Adams, LLP
- Port of Montana
- Town Pump Inc.
- Watkins & Shepard