Resources for Manufacturers
Table of Contents
- Pool of Willing Workers
- Online Data Bases
- Safety Programs
- Pollution Prevention
- Related Sites
- MMEC Office Host Partners
Are time-consuming tasks interfering with getting your product out on time? Do you find yourself short of assembly workers for a projector in need of a periodic or occasional organized pool of workers? A solution may be within reach...
(Click on links listed in this section to learn more about financial assistance programs that can move your business forward)
- Montana International Marketing Assistance Grants through the Office of Trade & International Relations, Montana Department of Commerce
- Finance Resources compiled by the Montana Department of Commerce, Office of Tourism and Business Development
- Growth Through Agriculture (GTA)Program
- Incumbent Worker Training Grants The IWT program provides grant funding to assist eligible Montana small businesses offset the cost of training for their existing (incumbent) workers. Its intent is to create a stronger workforce through developing employees and strengthening small business for Montana residents.
- Primary Sector Workforce Training Grant (WTG) Program provides a job training incentive for businesses having 50% or more of their sales outside Montana.
- 11 Certified Regional Development Corporations across Montana dedicated to economic development in their surrounding counties. These organizations bring together private and public sectors in a partnership to provide innovative solutions to growth challenges.
- Big Sky Trust Fund offers funding to support job creation and planning projects
- Northwest TAAC - Is your business significantly affected by imports?
- Find and Apply for federal grants www.grants.gov
- Finance and Counseling Resources - Montana District Office, Small Business Administration
(click on program name or logo for link)
- Montana Manufacturers Information System (MMIS)
Be a Supplier/Find a Buyer
MMIS is an interactive database to help Montana manufacturers locate potential new customers and identify suppliers that are Montana firms, allowing money to stay in the state. It is designed to also link them with worldwide markets. MMIS is still expanding and developing, and ALL Montana manufacturers are encouraged to participate. MMIS contains information on products and services to lead to new or expanded Montana businesses.
- Made in Montana/Grown in Montana online product directory
- Dunn & Bradstreet
- Search information on over 100,000 public and private companies.
- ThomasNet.com - The Marketplace for Industrial Buying
- Free industrial marketplace containing 550,000 distributors, manufacturers and service companies in 6,000 categories; searchable by product/service, location, brand and company name. Includes supplier catalogs, brochures, and linecards. Send RFQ's and purchase directly from suppliers using Order Online.
- Zycon Online resource to assist the engineering and manufacturing community find and evaluate manufacturers and suppliers worldwide. Free and fee-based listings.
- Industrial Quick Search, Inc.
- Online resource for manufacturers of industrial products and services. Also, find suppliers & distributors by category.
- Fee-based listing.
- Manufacturers' Agents National Association MANA is a membership organization committed to connecting companies and professional sales reps, offering customized assistance.
- TechLink a searchable database on the technologies that are available from the Department of Defense. A resource for growing a business.
- Montana Safety Services Council a non-profit educational association established in 1993 to provide safety and health-related services. These services include safety training, consulting, technical assistance, seminars, and an annual conference.
- WorkSafeMT Montana's poor work safety record costs us millions every year. It shortens careers and steals lives. Check out how you can change this.
- Montana Safety Choices through the Montana Chamber of Commerce
- Tips on Safety resource with video clips and classes. Provided by Montana State Fund.
- Safety & Loss Prevention Library
- Montana Risk Management provides an online list of safety and loss prevention topics to click for more information.
- Montana Occupational Safety & Health Training Institute provides basic and advanced training courses in safety and health.
- Office of Trade and International Relations, Montana Department of Commerce Providing export information as well as technical and marketing assistance to Montana companies pursuing commercial opportunities here and abroad to help Montanans prosper by diversifying their customer base and increasing their sales of Montana products and services.
- International Trade Administration The arm of the U.S. Department of Commerce which works to improve the global business environment and helps U.S. organizations compete at home and abroad. This agency works in collaboration with other partners to help U.S. companies export. Multiple resources are available through the Export.gov website, including the Basic Guide to Exporting. Tradeology is the official blog of the ITA, while Top Markets offers a market selection tool for new or expanding exporters.
- Montana District Export Council (DEC) Established in 1973 by the President and the Secretary of Commerce, District Export Councils are mandated to support the export expansion activities of the U.S. Department of Commerce and serve as a link between the business community and U.S. Export Assistance Centers (USEAC) across the United States. The Montana DEC provides a network of exporters and resource providers around the state who can answer questions and connect you with others to help overcome challenges and avoid pitfalls.
- Montana World Trade Center The Montana World Trade Center is a nonprofit organization whose purpose is to help businesses establish and strengthen their international commercial capabilities. The Center develops untapped international trade opportunities and helps businesses capitalize on opportunities to expand their market share around the world.
- U.S. Commercial Service, Montana Export Assistance Center The U.S. Commercial Service helps U.S. companies find new international business partners in worldwide markets. The website has useful information that you can search by country.
- Montana State University Modern Languages & Literatures Tutors and Translators Take advantage of MSU's list of tutors and translation services for assistance with document, website and software translation.
- U.S. Small Business Administration. Offers individualized business counseling and special financing options for exporters.
- Export-Import Bank of the United States. EXIM offers a wide range of tools and services for exporters, including finance and insurance tools and educational materials.
- U.S. Census Bureau The Census Bureau offers the most comprehensive statistics on foreign trade, as well as tools for exporters such as the free Go Global on-demand webinar series.
- U.S. Chamber of Commerce. The Chamber offers up-to-date information and resources on current topics of interest related to international trade and investment, including updates on trade policy and agreements.
- Trade for America is a new campaign to highlight the economic and strategic benefits of trade in the daily lives of Americans. TFA advocates for strengthening existing trade agreements and pursuing new trade deals to further promote economic growth opportunities for American businesses and workers.
- Peaks to Prairies
- In cooperation with EPA Region 8 states, Peaks to Prairies looks for ways to encourage adoption of pollution prevention practices by citizens, small businesses, and local governments.
- Montana Pollution Prevention Program
- The MT P2 Program is dedicated to helping the state's small businesses and local governments use progressive, integrated pollution prevention (P2) strategies to increase productivity while safeguarding our air, water, land, and other natural resources. See also Montana Materials Exchange to find, give away, sell or trade materials.
- Small Business Assistance Program, a separate, non-regulatory, program within the Department of Environmental Quality, the Small Business Assistance Program serves to assist Montana businesses to understand and comply with applicable environmental regulations.
Associated Employers of Montana a non-profit membership organization.Training offered in employee relations, management, human resources, research and governmental regulations areas.
- NorthWestern Energy Click icon for Energy Management Solutions & more from NorthWestern Energy
- Certificate and 2-Year Degree Programs through the Montana University System (see left column on landing page for specific institutions, programs)
- Professional Development Center offers training to state agencies and Montana organizations.
- Food & Agricultural Development Centers A network of centers that work with businesses that produce and commercialize food, ag and renewable energy products & processes, supporting economic development in the state.
- Montana Economic Developers Association
- Montana Procurement Technical Assistance Program provides assistance for government contracting
- Montana Small Business Development Center with 10 offices across Montana
- Prospera Business Network (formerly Gallatin Development Corp.)
- Montana Women's Business Center offers counseling and educational programs statewide
- Quest Integration Check out their latest newsletter that features regional engineering and manufacturing news!
- MSU Norm Asbjornson College of Engineering (Bozeman)
- Great Falls Development Authority (Great Falls)
- Montana West Economic Development (Kalispell)
- MonTEC (Missoula)