Who We Are
Men Stopping Rape is composed of male students, faculty, and staff at Montana State University. Our purpose is: To empower and involve men in identifying and reducing the occurrence of sexual assault at MSU through education, consciousness raising, and positive role modeling. We are funded by a grant from the U.S. Department of Justice.
- Dr. Brian Kassar, Program Director: Brian is a clinical psychologist at MSU's Counseling and Psychological Services. He became the director of Men Stopping Rape because of his interest and background in men's development and peer education, and because of his strong belief in men's role in violence prevention.
He received training from Northeastern University's Mentors in Violence
Prevention program, sponsored by the Center for the Study of Sports in
Society. Brian organizes MSR, trains peer educators, and presents MSR seminars.
- Christian Sarver, M.S. Christian is the director of the VOICE Center, MSU's center for sexual assault and domestic violence. The VOICE Center plays an integral role in providing education and advocacy around these issues. The VOICE Center utilizes student educators by organizing Students Against Sexual Assault (SASA) and training peer advocates in their advocacy program. Christian is responsible for the funding of Men Stopping Rape through her efforts in obtaining the Stopping Violence Against Women grant from the US Department of Justice.
- Erin Jemison: Erin is the Outreach Coordinator for the VOICE Center.
She is the staff advisor for SASA and organizes the educational activities.
She has a BA in Sociology and Peer Education from William Smith College in
- Scott Hyslop: Scott is the administrative assistant for MSR,
as well as a student member. In addition to being the president of MSR,
he is the co-president for SASA. A Butte native, he is majoring in
philosophy and religion with a minor in mathematics.
- Office of Residential Life: Staff, RD's, and RA's
- Counseling &
Psychological Services Staff
- Dr. Gary Lande, Health & Human Development/Social Norming
- Laura Mentch, Heath & Human Development/Bridger Clinic
- Dr. Walter Metz, Professor, Media, Theatre Arts
- MacKenzie Buus, Greek Life Coordinator
- Bobcat Athletics
Who We Are
Information & Statistics
Resources & Links
Please contact Brian Kassar at firstname.lastname@example.org for questions about this site.
This page was last updated on 03/10/03.
Montana State University