Summer 2012 Registration is now open! Go to MSSE Summer 2012 Online to register.
Login Instructions for Online Courses (please note that you will not have access to the course until the day that the course begins):
This course will be delivered using an on-line course delivery tool, Desire2Learn (D2L).
You will need a Username and Password in order to login to D2L for your class. If you do not know this information it can be accessed from your MSU My Info account and by setting a password at the Password Help Page. To access this information please carefully read and follow the directions below.
- From the MSU homepage (www.montana.edu) click on “MY INFO” in the menu bar on the lower left hand side of the page.
- Click on “Enter Secure Area”. On the User Login page, enter your Student ID Number (including the preceding dash) and PIN number. Here is your Student ID #___________.
- If you have logged into MyInfo previously and have forgotten your PIN, please enter your User ID and select the “Forgot PIN” button.
- If this is the first time you have ever logged into the My Info system, your initial PIN will be set as your date of birth with a format of ddmonyyyy. For example, if your birthday is January 1, 1970, your initial PIN will be 01jan1970. Please enter your month of birth in lowercase.
- After entering your User ID and PIN, if you receive a message indicating “Your PIN has expired”, please re-enter your initial PIN (i.e. your date of birth) in the “Old PIN” box and then create a new PIN, which must be between 8 and 15 characters long, and contain at least one letter and one number. Please remember your PIN for future use and note that your PIN will expire in 180 days.
- If you receive a message indicating “Authorization failure”, try using your Social Security Number (without dashes) as your User ID and 01janXXXX, with ‘XXXX’ being the last four digits of your student ID as your PIN. Please note that your Student ID and Social Security Number are not the same number. If this works, you should see Step 2c.
- You should next be asked to create two security questions in case you forget your PIN. Please create two security questions and answers. Remember to click “Exit”.
- To access Desire2Learn, you must use your MSU NetID password. To confirm your NetID password you must go to the MSU Password Help page at http://password.montana.edu.
- Once in the Password Help page, click on the link that says “Click here to reset your Portal, NetID/D2L, and/or MSU Domain passwords”.
- Next, you will be taken to a page where you will be asked to enter a character verification, your student ID (with preceding dash), last name, and PIN.
- On the next page, you will see “Account Credentials” at the top of the page. Please take note of your MSU NetID, which is a set of letters and numbers (seven characters long). This is your Usernamewhen you log into Desire2Learn, therefore SAVEthis information.
- Next, create a new password for your NetID, following the password rules (i.e. 8-20 characters, contains a letter, digit and special character). This will be your NetID password, which you will use for Desire2Learn and perhaps other applications in the future.
- It will be easier for you in the future if, during the previous step, you select all two or three passwords so they will be the same. If you prefer to use different passwords for different accounts, you may, but you will need to be able to remember all of them. Security experts advise against writing down passwords.
- After you have successfully changed your password, please remember to completely exit and close out your browser before attempting to log into Desire2Learn.
Log into Desire2Learn by going to https://ecat.montana.edu. Enter your NetID Username and NetID Password that you obtained above. If you try to log into your course before the first day of class, you will not see your course in Desire2Learn (D2L); however, you will see and be able to access your course on the first day of class. If you need technical assistance, please contact the MSU Desire2Learn support team at email@example.com, or by phone at 1-800-435-1286 or (406) 994-6550. If you are having difficulty logging into Desire2Learn, you may also contact Margaret Frola at (406) 994-7798 or by email at firstname.lastname@example.org. If you need login assistance after normal business hours, you may contact the ITC Help Desk at (406) 994-1777 – Monday through Thursday until 9:00 PM and on Friday until 7:00 PM. Please note these times reflect Mountain Standard Time.