Fall 2018 Online Courses
(subject to modification)
Fall courses will run September 10 - December 14th. Some course dates may vary. Check individual course descriptions for exact dates.
Registration will open end of March for Fall 2018 Courses. When you register, take note of the CRN #'s provided below for courses you intend to take.
See link to register for courses below the course list.
For Fall registration Add/Drop information and withdraw refund schedule click here.
- CHMY 599 An Atoms First Primer for AP/IB Chemistry Teachers (3 cr) CRN# TBD
- CHMY 596 Exploring Organic Chemistry for Teachers (3 cr) CRN# TBD
- ERTH 595 Historical Geology (3 cr) CRN# TBD
- MB 539 Infection and Immunity (3 cr) CRN# TBD
Required courses for science educators enrolled in MSSE only*
Education, Curriculum & Instruction
MSSE 501 Inquiry through Science & Engineering Practices (2 cr) CRN# TBD *(Required of program, not limited to MSSE students)
- EDCI 504 Assessment and Evaluation in Education (3 cr)
Eric Brunsell (CRN# TBD), John Graves (CRN# TBD), Walt Woolbaugh (CRN# TBD)
Eric Brunsell (CRN# TBD), John Graves (CRN# TBD) , Marcie Reuer (CRN# TBD), Kathryn Solberg (CRN# TBD), Walt Woolbaugh (CRN# TBD)
MSSE graduate students, please note:
For EDCI 509, be sure to choose the section with your advising instructor using the CRN number that will be provided when registration is open.
- MSSE 501 Inquiry through Science & Engineering Practices (2 cr) CRN# TBD *(Required of program, not limited to MSSE students)
The Following courses offered by the National Teachers Enhancement Network (NTEN) program have been approved for MSSE programs of study. Information and registration can be found at http://btc.montana.edu/courses/aspx/ntencatalog.aspx.
(NTEN course beginning dates vary)
BIOL 591 Teaching Evolution (3 cr) CRN# TBD
BIOL 591 Using Local Ecosystems to Implement Elementary Biology Activities (1 cr) CRN# TBD (Elementary Teachers Only)
ERTH 591 Landforms for Elementary Teachers (1 cr) CRN# TBD (Elementary Teachers Only)
ERTH 591 Understanding Climate Change (2 cr) CRN# TBD
ERTH 591 Geology of the Moon (3 cr) CRN# TBD
LRES 591 Twelve Principles of Soil Science (3 cr) CRN# TBD
MB 542 Microbial Ecology (3 cr) CRN# TBD
PHSX 405 Special Relativity (3 cr) CRN# TBD
PHSX 511 Astronomy for Teachers (3 cr) CRN# TBD
PHSX 582 Astrobiology for Teachers (3 cr) CRN# TBD
- PHSX 591 Teaching and Learning in Science: Elementary Space Science (1 cr) CRN# TBD (Elementary Teachers Only)
- EDCI 591 Insect-ology (3 cr) CRN# TBD (Elementary Teachers Only)
- EDCI 591 History of Space Flight and Space Technology (3 cr) CRN# TBD
It may seem odd, but unique friendships are created with people on-line. The collaboration with some of the finest science educators across the world everyday makes the MSSE distance learning courses very unique as well as rewarding. ~Washington Teacher