Fall 2018 Online Courses
(subject to modification)
Fall courses will run September 10 - December 14th. Some course dates may vary. Check individual course descriptions for exact dates.
Fall registration is open. When you register, take note of the CRN #'s provided below for courses you intend to take.
See link to register for courses below the course list.
- Registration Instructions
- Instructions on adding an online course
For Fall registration Add/Drop information and withdraw refund schedule click here.
- CHMY 599 An Atoms First Primer for AP/IB Chemistry Teachers (3 cr) CRN# 25287
- CHMY 596 Exploring Organic Chemistry for Teachers (3 cr) CRN# 25286
- ERTH 595 Historical Geology (3 cr) CRN# 25288
- MB 539 Infection and Immunity (3 cr) CRN# 23536
Required courses for science educators enrolled in MSSE only*
Education, Curriculum & Instruction
MSSE 501 Inquiry through Science & Engineering Practices (2 cr) CRN# 23261 *(Required of program, not limited to MSSE students)
- MSSE 504 Assessment and Evaluation in Education (3 cr) Formerly EDCI 504
Instructors (4 sections):
Eric Brunsell (CRN# 25420), John Graves (CRN# 25421) , Marcie Reuer (CRN# 25419), Walt Woolbaugh (CRN# 25418)
- MSSE 509 Implementing Action Research in Teaching & Learning (3 cr) Formerly EDCI 509
Instructors (5 sections):
Eric Brunsell (CRN# 25425), John Graves (CRN# 25422) , Marcie Reuer (CRN# 25424), Walt Woolbaugh (CRN# 25423)
MSSE graduate students, please note:
For MSSE 504 & 509, be sure to choose the section with your advising instructor using the CRN number that will be provided when registration is open.
- MSSE 501 Inquiry through Science & Engineering Practices (2 cr) CRN# 23261 *(Required of program, not limited to MSSE students)
The Following courses offered by the National Teachers Enhancement Network (NTEN) program have been approved for MSSE programs of study. Information and registration can be found at http://btc.montana.edu/courses/aspx/ntencatalog.aspx.
(NTEN course beginning dates vary)
BIOL 591 Teaching Evolution (3 cr) CRN# TBD
BIOL 591 Using Local Ecosystems to Implement Elementary Biology Activities (1 cr) CRN# TBD (Elementary Teachers Only)
ERTH 524 K-14 Earth System Science (2 cr) CRN# 25131
ERTH 525 Landforms for Elementary Teachers (1 cr) CRN# 25357 (Elementary Teachers Only)Course begins Oct. 22nd
ERTH 521 Geology of the Moon (3 cr) CRN# 25356 Course begins Oct. 15th
ERTH 591 Weather for Elementary Teachers (1 cr) CRN# TBD (Elementary Teachers Only)
LRES 584 Twelve Principles of Soil Science (3 cr) CRN# 25132
MB 542 Microbial Ecology (3 cr) CRN# 23513
PHSX 405 Special Relativity (3 cr) CRN# 20788
PHSX 511 Astronomy for Teachers (3 cr) CRN# 23838
- PHSX 591 Teaching and Learning in Science: Elementary Space Science (1 cr) CRN# TBD (Elementary Teachers Only)
- EDCI 591 Insect-ology (3 cr) CRN# 11140 (Elementary Teachers Only)
- EDCI 591 History of Space Flight and Space Technology (3 cr) CRN# TBD
It may seem odd, but unique friendships are created with people on-line. The collaboration with some of the finest science educators across the world everyday makes the MSSE distance learning courses very unique as well as rewarding. ~Washington Teacher