Fall 2019 Online Courses
(subject to modification)
Most online courses will run September 9th - December 13th. Some course dates may vary. Check individual course descriptions for exact dates.
When you register, take note of the CRN #'s provided below for courses you intend to take.
See link to register for courses below the course list.
- Instructions on adding an online course
- Fall registration Add/Drop information and withdraw refund schedule
- BIOH 586 Big Ideas Approach for AP Biology Teachers (3 cr) CRN #25605
- BIOE 595 Marine Ecosystems for Teachers (3 cr) CRN #24632
- CHMY 596 Exploring Organic Chemistry for Teachers (3 cr) CRN# 24776
- CHMY 599 An Atoms First Primer for AP/IB Chemistry Teachers (3 cr) CRN# 24777
- ERTH 595 Historical Geology (3 cr) CRN# 24778
- MB 539 Infection and Immunity (3 cr) CRN# 23377
Required courses for science educators enrolled in MSSE only*
Education, Curriculum & Instruction
MSSE 501 Inquiry through Science & Engineering Practices (2 cr) CRN# 23130 *(Required of program, not limited to MSSE students)
- MSSE 504 Formative Assessment in Science Education (3 cr) Formerly EDCI 504
Instructors (4 sections):
John Graves (CRN# 24890) , Marcie Reuer (CRN# 24888), Walt Woolbaugh (CRN# 24887), Kate Solberg (CRN# 24889)
- MSSE 509 Implementing Action Research in Science Education (3 cr) Formerly EDCI 509
Instructors (5 sections):
John Graves (CRN# 24891) , Marcie Reuer (CRN# 24893), Walt Woolbaugh (CRN# 24892)
MSSE graduate students, please note:
For MSSE 504 & 509, be sure to choose the section with your advising instructor using the CRN number that will be provided when registration is open.
- MSSE 501 Inquiry through Science & Engineering Practices (2 cr) CRN# 23130 *(Required of program, not limited to MSSE students)
The Following courses offered by the National Teachers Enhancement Network (NTEN) program have been approved for MSSE programs of study. Information and registration can be found at http://btc.montana.edu/courses/aspx/ntencatalog.aspx.
(NTEN course beginning dates vary)
BIOE 527 Teaching Evolution (3 cr) CRN# 25013
- BIOE 536 Local Ecosystems for Teachers (1 cr) CRN#25466 Course begins Oct. 21st
ERTH 521 Geology of the Moon (3 cr) CRN# 24836 Course begins Oct. 14th
- ERTH 591 Weather for Elementary Teachers (1 cr) CRN# 25583 Course begins Oct. 21st
- ERTH 524 K-14 Earth System Science (2 cr) CRN# 24633 Course begins Oct. 21st
LRES 584 Twelve Principles of Soil Science (3 cr) CRN# 24634
MB 542 Microbial Ecology (3 cr) CRN# 23355
- PHSX 405 Special Relativity (3 cr) CRN # 20769
PHSX 511 Astronomy for Teachers (3 cr) CRN# 23649
- PHSX 572 Space Science for Elementary Teachers (1 cr) CRN # 25094 Course begins Oct. 21st
It may seem odd, but unique friendships are created with people on-line. The collaboration with some of the finest science educators across the world everyday makes the MSSE distance learning courses very unique as well as rewarding. ~Washington Teacher