Fall 2020 Online Courses
Fall registration is now open!
Most online courses will run September 7th - December 11th. Some course dates may vary. Check individual course descriptions for exact dates. (Course schedule subject to modification)
When you register, take note of the CRN #'s provided below for courses you intend to take.
See link to register for courses below the course list.
- Instructions on adding an online course
- Fall registration Add/Drop information and withdraw refund schedule
- BIOH 586 AP Biology for Teachers: Big Ideas Approach (3 cr) CRN# 25113
- BIOE 595 Marine Ecosystems for Teachers (3 cr) CRN# 24312
- CHMY 596 Exploring Organic Chemistry for Teachers (3 cr) CRN# 24403
- CHMY 599 AP/IB Chemistry for Teachers: An Atoms First Primer (3 cr) CRN# 24404
- ERTH 595 Historical Geology (3 cr) CRN# 24405
- MB 539 Infection and Immunity (3 cr) CRN# 23223
Required courses for science educators enrolled in MSSE only*
Education, Curriculum & Instruction
MSSE 501 Inquiry through Science & Engineering Practices (2 cr) CRN# 22992 *(Required of program, not limited to MSSE students)
- MSSE 504 Formative Assessment in Science Education (3 cr) Formerly EDCI 504
Instructors (4 sections):
John Graves (CRN# 24478) , Marcie Reuer (CRN# 24476), Walt Woolbaugh (CRN# 24475), Kate Solberg (CRN# 24477)
- MSSE 509 Implementing Action Research in Science Education (3 cr) Formerly EDCI 509
Instructors (5 sections):
John Graves (CRN# 24479) , Marcie Reuer (CRN# 24481), Walt Woolbaugh (CRN# 24480)
MSSE graduate students, please note:
For MSSE 504 & 509, be sure to choose the section with your advising instructor using the CRN number that will be provided when registration is open.
- MSSE 501 Inquiry through Science & Engineering Practices (2 cr) CRN# 22992 *(Required of program, not limited to MSSE students)
The Following courses offered by the National Teachers Enhancement Network (NTEN) program have been approved for MSSE programs of study. Information and registration can be found at http://btc.montana.edu/courses/aspx/ntencatalog.aspx.
(NTEN course beginning dates vary)
BIOE 527 Teaching Evolution (3 cr) CRN# 24575 (Begins Sept 14th)
- BIOE 536 Local Ecosystems for Teachers (1 cr) CRN# 24982 (Begins Sept 14th)
ERTH 523 Weather for Elementary Teachers (1 cr) CRN# 25365 (Begins Oct 26th)
- ERTH 524 K-14 Earth System Science (2 cr) CRN# 24313 (Begins Oct 26th)
LRES 584 Twelve Principles of Soil Science (3 cr) CRN# 24314 (Begins Aug 31st)
- LRES 595 Water Quality for Teachers (3 cr) CRN# 25366 (Begins Sept 14th)
MB 542 Microbial Ecology (3 cr) CRN# 25367 (Begins Sept 14th)
- PHSX 405 Special Relativity (3 cr) CRN # 20737 (Begins Sept 14th)
PHSX 511 Astronomy for Teachers (3 cr) CRN# 23478 (Begins Aug 31st)
- PHSX 572 Space Science for Elementary Teachers (1 cr) CRN # 24643 (Begins Oct 26th)
It may seem odd, but unique friendships are created with people on-line. The collaboration with some of the finest science educators across the world everyday makes the MSSE distance learning courses very unique as well as rewarding. ~Washington Teacher