Grades & Transcripts
The MSU campus website has a secure area for you to see your unofficial transcript with grades. This is also the place to make changes in contact information (i.e. address, phone, email). Remember to let the MSSE office know of any changes too!
For “MyInfo”, go to this website: www.montana.eduFrom the MSU homepage, click on “MY INFO” in the menu bar on the lower portion of the page. Click on “Enter Secure Area.”* On the User Login page, enter your Social Security Number (without dashes) or your Student ID Number (including the preceding dash, e.g. -00000000) as your User ID, and PIN number.
- If you have logged into My Info previously and have forgotten your PIN, please enter your Student ID Number in the User ID box, select the “Forgot PIN” button and follow the directions.
- If this is the first time you have ever logged into the My Info system, your initial PIN will be set as your date of birth with a format of ddmonyyyy. For example, if your birthday is January 1, 1970, your initial PIN will be 01jan1970. Please enter your month of birth in lowercase. If you receive a message indicating “Authorization failure”, see step 2d.
- After entering your User ID and PIN, if you receive a message indicating “Your PIN has expired,” please re-enter your initial PIN (i.e. your date of birth) in the “Old PIN” box and then create a new PIN, which must be between 8 and 15 characters long, and contain at least one letter and one number. Note: If you add a special character to your PIN such as $,*, %, @, #, or &, you can use your PIN as your password for logging into Desire2Learn- see step 3c. Please remember your PIN for future use and note that your PIN will expire in 180 days.
- If you receive a message indicating “Authorization failure”, try using your Social Security Number (without dashes) as your User ID and 01janXXXX, with ‘XXXX’ being the last four digits of your student ID as your PIN. Please note that your Student ID and Social Security Number are not the same number. If this works, you should see Step 2c. If this does not work, please call (406) 994-7798 for assistance.
- You should next be asked to create two security questions in case you forget your PIN. Please create two security questions and answers.
- Once inside the Secure Area of My Info, click on the tab labeled “Personal Information”, and then click on the link labeled “View IDs”. Please take note of your MSU IDs (MSU, D2L and NetID). To log into Desire2Learn, you may use either your D2L ID or NetID as your Username. At this point, you can log out of My Info. Remember to click “exit".
If you encounter problems accessing your student record or come across a “HOLD”, contact the Registrar’s Office (406-994-2601). They will help you determine the reason for the “HOLD” and will direct you to the appropriate office. If you are unable to resolve the problem, then call the MSSE office.
This office only processes requests sent via standard mail, ordered through the online Clearinghouse ( "Online Orders"), or submitted in person. To order an official transcript, go to: Registrar’s Office website.
Transcript requests are generally processed in 3 to 5 working days, but if you have a specific due date please include that information in your request.
NOTE: Currently enrolled students requesting a transcript at the end of a semester should be aware that their transcripts cannot be processed until all classes are graded, and degree (if any) has been posted. Summer requests and any courses taken through the Extended University will not be processed until after all grades for all summer sessions have been posted in August.