New Undergraduate Awards:
- Students who have tuition waived from another source may not be eligible to accept a School of Music tuition waiver.
- Deadline for scholarship acceptance is May 1 of each year. If the acceptance response is not received by May 1, the scholarship offer may be rescinded.
- Scholarship awards to new undergraduate students may be renewable, contingent upon acceptable performance, participation, and available funding.
- Students must be in residency to receive financial assistance.
All scholarship awards are contingent upon sufficient funding.
Scholarship Requirements and Expectations for All Students:
- Recipients must be registered as full-time students (MINIMUM of 12 credits).
- Recipients must be registered for academic credit in specific ensembles or activities as stated in their letter of offer.
- Renewal of scholarships is determined during the Spring semester of each academic year and is based upon faculty recommendations and student performance (musical and academic).
- Music major recipients must maintain a cumulative GPA of 3.0 for scholarships to remain in effect.
- Non-music major recipients must maintain a cumulative GPA of 2.5 for scholarships to remain in effect.
- Music scholarship recipients are expected to earn a minimum grade of "B" in Applied Music.
- The altering of awards is possible at any time of the academic year should the faculty and/or Scholarship Committee feel the student is not fulfilling responsibilities.
- Presently enrolled students may request scholarship consideration at any time during the academic year. Action on such applications will be taken the following semester.
- Scholarships will not be awarded during the student teaching semester.
- Scholarship awards and subsequent renewals are limited to a maximum of 4 years or 8 semesters.
Scholarship Renewal Procedures
- Scholarship recipients will submit a Scholarship Renewal Application Form by February 15th of each year. Renewal application will include a copy of the student's academic transcript.
- Upon notification that a scholarship has been renewed, the student MUST return the signature acceptance included in the letter of notification before the scholarship will be authorized.