This page if for students currently studying at Montana State University who are receiving or interested in receiving a School of Music Scholarship. If you are an incoming first year student, please head to our Prospective Student Scholarship Page for more information.
All students receiving awards from the School of Music must meet the following requirements:
- Registered as full-time students (minimum of 12 credits)
- Must maintain a cumulative GPA of 3.0
- Must renew their scholarship application each year
- Must meet specific requirements, detailed in award letter
How To Renew
This procedure applies to continuing students who have already received a scholarship from the School of Music and are looking to renew it for the next year.
Step 1: Sign in and fill out the Cat Scholarships form. You will not need to audition again
unless instructed by a faculty member. You must have filled out and submitted the Cat Scholarships form by Feb. 1st, 2020.
Step 2: Check you Email! You will receive your scholarship letter via the email address you provided in Cat Scholarships.
Step 3: Read your letter carefully to ensure there are no errors. If you find errors please contact us.
Step 4: Fill out all required information and sign your acceptance form electronically to accept and renew your award.
Step 5: Email your completed form to email@example.com.
What's the difference between tuition waivers and scholarships?
- 75% of our awards come from tuition waivers
- Available to majors and non-music majors
- Waivers can only be applied to tuition costs
- Students may only receive one waiver per semester. WUE, Presidential and MSU Employee dependent waivers cannot be stacked with a School of Music waiver. It is advised that the student accept the largest waiver.
- Come from donated funds
- Amounts vary depending on sufficient funding
- Majority require recipient to be a Music Major, although a select few can be awarded to non-music majors
- May be applied to tuition and fees. Excess will be refunded back to student