The Montana State University Summer Music Conservatory 2017
The Montana State University Summer Music Conservatory is an auditioned group of sixteen musicians who experience the beauty of Montana while on a concert tour. It is open to violin, viola, cello, bass, and piano (incoming freshman through recent senior). Musicians work intensively as a full ensemble and in chamber groups on the MSU campus before a six-day tour of Bozeman, Chico Hot Springs, Yellowstone Park, and Big Sky. In Big Sky, the Conservatory musicians work closely with MSU Faculty Angella Ahn (violin, viola) Mary Kothman (violin, viola) Julia Slovarp (cello) and guest artists from the Big Sky Classical Music Festival. Recent guest artists include Matt Haimovitz, Rachel Barton-Pine, Ana Vidovic, and M5 Mexican Brass. The tour takes place August 4th through the 13th.
Questions should be directed to the camp director Julia Slovarp at email@example.com
- Any major scale: 3 octaves, four slurred sixteenth notes per bow, quarter = 72
- Any minor scale: 3 octaves, detaché, quarter = 72
- Two contrasting 2-3 minute excerpts from the standard literature (sonata, concerto, solo). Piano accompaniment not required.
Early Registration Discount (Register by April 1, 2017): $599 total
Register by June 1, 2017: $624 total
- $25 nonrefundable deposit is due with registration
- Musicians will be notified of acceptance via email by June 8, 2017
- Remaining balance due by June 15, 2017
Registration covers tuition, meals, housing, transportation on tour, and t-shirt.
Please mail checks to:
School of Music
Montana State University
P.O. Box 173420
Bozeman MT 59717-3420
Register online by June 1, 2017 (April 1 for Discount) by filling out the google form on the bottom of the page. In addition to the form please also include the following items:
- Completed registration form
- Recording (MP3 or YouTube link)
- $25 deposit
- Full tuition upon acceptance (by June 15)