Pest control advisors, farm managers, chemical company cooperators, and students can learn about ongoing crop and weed research programs at MSU. Attendees can receive 5.5 Certified Crop Adviser CEU credits (1 Nutrient, 4.5 IPM, 1 Crop Management), 4 commercial, and 4 private applicator pesticide recertification credits.
Staff will share information about research plots and demonstrate weed management techniques, pesticide application strategies, nutrient dynamics, cropping systems, insect management, and crop traits. Weed, nutrient, entomology, and cropping systems specialists will discuss field trial results.
Several field experts will share updates on their research projects. Included in the event:
- Weed management presentations by Fabian Menalled, Ed Davis, Jane Mangold, Judith Barroso, and Patrick Lawrence
- Spring wheat breeding with Luther Talbert
- Soil nutrient management with Rick Engel
- Integrated wireworm and cutworm management with Kevin Wanner
- MSU Diagnostic Services, including Toby Day, Hilary Parkinson and Linnea Skoglund
Please pre-register by July 14. Contact Hilary Parkinson at (406) 994-6297 or by e-mail at firstname.lastname@example.org. You can also register at the Post Farm July 18. The Post Farm is located eight miles west of Bozeman on Highway 191.
For more information, please visit the MSU Cropland Weed Management Web site at http://www.ipm.montana.edu/CropWeeds.
Contact: Fabian Menalled, Extension Specialist (406) 994-4783 or email@example.com