BOZEMAN – Montana State University Extension, in partnership with the U.S. Department of Agriculture’s Farm Service Agency, will hold meetings in January to inform Montana producers about important new programs authorized by the Agricultural Act of 2014.
The meetings will offer a more in-depth presentation on the FSA’s Agricultural Risk Coverage (ARC) and Price Loss Coverage (PLC) programs, 2015 program changes to the Livestock Indemnity Program (LIP) and the Non-Insured Crop Disaster Assistance Program (NAP) Buy-Up option. MSU Extension will present an analysis of Farm Bill, programs and an explanation of several Farm Bill Decision Tools available to producers in understanding options under ARC, PLC, and NAP-Buy-Up.
The 2014 Farm Bill authorizes three FSA program election options: PLC, ARC-County (ARC-CO) and ARC-Individual (ARC-IC). Producers must make a one-time decision to retain or reallocate crop acreage bases, to retain or update program payment yields, and elect the type of coverage (price protection, county revenue protection, and/or individual revenue protection) for the 2014-18 crop years.
The schedule of meetings will run Jan. 13-30:
- Jan. 13, Deer Lodge, 1:30-4 p.m., Powell County Community Center, 416 Cottonwood Avenue.
- Jan. 20, Livingston, 2-4:30 p.m., MSU Extension Park County Office, 119 S. 3rd Street.
- Jan. 21, Townsend, 8-10:30 a.m., 4-H Building at the Townsend Fairgrounds, 189 Hwy 12 East; Dillon, 1:30-4 p.m., USDA Service Conference Center, 420 Barrett Street.
- Jan. 22, Columbus, 8-10:30 a.m., Columbus Fire Hall, 944 East Pike Ave; Ryegate, 1:30-4 p.m., Ryegate Fire Hall Training Room, 105 Kemp St; Lewistown, 7-9:30 p.m., Yogo Inn, 211 E. Main.
- Jan. 23, Jordan, 9-11:30 a.m., Old Grade School Building, 208 Main Street.
- Jan. 26, Kalispell, 1:30-4 p.m., Hampton Inn, 1140 U.S. 2.
- Jan. 27, Cut Bank, 8-10:30 a.m., Cut Bank Elks Lodge, 18 S Central, Conrad, 1:30-4 p.m., Pondera Golf Course, 847 Conrad-Dupuyer Rd; Fort Benton, 7-9:30 p.m., Ag Center, 1205 20th Street.
- Jan. 28, Chester, 8-10:30 a.m., Our Saviors Lutheran Church Fellowship Hall, 10 E. Madison Ave; Chinook, 1:30-4 p.m., Blaine County Library, 94 4th St.; Glasgow, 7-9:30 p.m., Cottonwood Inn, 45 1st Ave. N.
- Jan. 29, Scobey, 8-10:30 a.m., Scobey Lutheran Church, 202 Timmons; Culbertson, 1:30-4 p.m., Dry Prairie Rural Water Office, 5808 Hwy 16; Glendive, 7-9:30 p.m., Dawson County Courthouse Community Room, 207 Bell St.
- Jan. 30, Forsyth, 8-10:30 a.m., Haugho Center, 1 Rosebud Drive; Hardin, 1:30-4 p.m., Big Horn County Courthouse, 121 3rd St. West.
Contact: Sara Adlington, (406) 994-4602, firstname.lastname@example.org.