What is the Northern Plains Transition to Teaching program?
- NPTT is a Master of Education plus Teacher licensure program offered fully online
- Program leads to teacher certification or licensure in Montana, Wyoming, and South Dakota (other states on a case-by-case basis)
- License that is transferable to most other states in the U.S. with little or no additional coursework
- Courses offered one at a time, to ensure that working professionals may participate
- Each course is eight weeks in length offered one after another
- Coursework broken into 4 Phases with the full program completion (Masters + Licensure) being completed in as few as 18 months for some start dates)
- The program requires students to successfully complete a teaching practicum.
- Please see this detailed timeline for completion of NPTT Teacher Licensure