What is the Northern Plains Transition to Teaching program?
- 25 credits offered in a condensed format, online using Desire2Learn Learning Management System (eight, three-credit courses, one one-credit course)
- Program leads to licensure in Montana, Wyoming, and South Dakota (other states on a case-by-case basis)
- License that is transferable to most other states in the U.S. with little or no additional coursework
- Courses offered one at a time, to ensure that working professionals may participate
- Each course is eight weeks in length offered one after another
- Coursework broken into two years for licensure program, three years for licensure plus M.Ed with licensure completed in year two
- The program requires students to successfully complete a teaching practicum.
- Please see this detailed timeline for completion of NPTT Teacher Licensure