NPTT students have two paths to complete NPTT and its requirements. Students either complete the program as Paid Interns, or as Student Teachers. Your plan for NPTT completion is dependent on which track you take.
Paid Internship (EDCI 598, 4 credits) track to completion
- Complete first 3 NPTT (EDCI 552, 553, 554) courses and other NPTT courses depending on your cohort’s schedule.
- Begin the paid internship (EDCI 598, 4 credits practicum) the end of August following EDCI 554. This spans fall and spring semesters.
- Continue taking the remaining NPTT courses schedule for your cohort through this year. See COHORT SCHEDULE.
Student Teaching (EDCI 598, 6 credits) track to completion
- Complete first 3 NPTT (EDCI 552, 553, 554)
- Complete EDCI 558 and 559
- Eligible to begin Student Teaching (EDCI 598, 6 credits practicum). This spans one semester and includes 14 weeks of full time student teaching.
- Continue taking the remaining NPTT courses schedule for your cohort through this semester. See COHORT SCHEDULE.
- Following student teaching and all NPTT coursework through EDCI 557, complete EDCI 564.
Complete NPTT Courses before EDCI 598
- Complete all NPTT courses except for EDCI 598 (either the paid internship or student teaching).
- Complete EDCI 598 Paid Internship (4 credits) beginning the following August-May, or complete EDCI 598 Student Teaching (6 credits) and EDCI 564 either Fall or Spring semester.