During Year 2 of the NPTT Program you have the opportunity to begin your teaching practicum. If you choose not to participate in a practicum during year two, that is acceptable as well.
Year 2 Courses:
- EDCI 558: Internship I – Methods of Teaching
- EDCI 559: Internship II – Equity, Special Needs, and Diversity
- EDCI 555: Technology, Instructional Design, and Learner Success
- EDCI 556: The Legal, Social, and Practical Basis of Schooling
- EDCI 557: Brain Science, Educational Research, and Teaching
- EDCI 576: Paid Internship Option (1 credit)
- EDCI 576: Student Teaching Option (5 credits)
Professional Portfolio for Licensure
If a teaching practicum is completed in year two of the program the Professional Portfolio for Licensure is due two weeks following the conclusion of EDCI 557.
If the practicum is delayed, submission of the Professional Portfolio for Licensure is delayed as well. The Professional Portfolio is accepted only once per year (July) for review.
Required Textbooks for Year 2: