Students are admitted to Montana State University into Pre-Nursing. You are admitted to Nursing once you have been accepted to Upper Division (junior and senior level nursing courses) with the College of Nursing's application for upper division placement.
UPPER DIVISION APPLICATION CHANGES
January 2011 Policy A-12 – Upper Division Placement Policy was revised and approved by the College of Nursing Executive Council. Following are some of the changes that students need to beware of:
The College of Nursing will now be doing two separate application rounds – one for fall and one for spring.
Deadlines for the fall application round:
June 15th – The application for the Fall 2014 available on the nursing website
August 1st – Applications are due
August 15th – Official transcripts are due. Summer grades will be calculated in for the Fall 2014 application
October 1st – Students will receive letters after this date regarding placement
Deadlines for the spring application round:
November 15th – The application for Spring 2014 available on the nursing website
January 1st – Applications are due
January 15th – Transcripts are due. Fall grades will be calculated in for the Spring 2014 application
March 1st– Students will receive letters after this date regarding placement
Additional Changes Students Should Be Aware Of:
- A calculated GPA of 2.75 or higher in required prerequisite courses is required to apply to the nursing program.
- All required prerequisite courses must be completed with a grade of C or better and no more than 2 of the required prerequisites courses may be repeated 1 time to earn a grade of C or better.
- At least 3 of the 5 required natural science courses must be completed with a grade of C or better to apply to the nursing program. Those courses are: BIOL 207, BIOL 208, BIOM 250, CHMY 121 and CHMY 123.
- A MSU-Bozeman cumulative GPA of 2.75 or higher is required prior to enrolling in the first semester of the junior year of upper division coursework.
- Special Need requests are no longer being considered in the campus assignment process. Campuses will be based on the student’s priority points and the ranking of campuses on his/her application. If a student is not offered his/her 1st campus choice, he/she may request to be on the wait list for the desired campus and if not placed from the wait list, may re-apply during next application period.
We strongly encourage students to read Policy A-12 so they are familiar with the placement policy. The policy can be found on the nursing website at: http://www.montana.edu/wwwnu/pdf/A12.pdf
Please contact Debbie McCray, Undergraduate Program Assistant, at 406-994-3785 if you should have any questions regarding this information. Before notifying Debbie, please read the policy.