Call for Proposals: Helen Jacobsen Lee Endowment
DR. HELEN JACOBSEN LEE ENDOWMENT FOR RURAL NURSING RESEARCH
Montana State University graduate and undergraduate nursing students, nursing faculty, and alumni interested in conducting rural nursing research are eligible to apply.
For consideration, proposals are to be submitted to the MSU Bozeman College of Nursing Office of Research and Scholarship (203 Sherrick Hall 994-2783).
The proposal should be no more than 2 pages (can be single spaced) and contain:
1) A brief summary of the project (aim, statement of significance, conceptual framework, method, data analysis) including where the applicant is in terms of the timeline of the project (if it has been started), perceived outcome(s) of the project, plan to disperse information gained from project, what the project has accomplished thus far and how the project addresses rural nursing research.
2) Budget for the project and how the applicant plans to spend the money if received.
3) A brief bio-sketch (including where from, how far along in school (if a student), and future plans after graduation and/or research is completed.
4) Separate, supporting letter(s) from faculty/research sponsor (if a student). Applicants are encouraged to submit for funding during any phase of their research process.
Call for Proposals
This will occur once a year and will be available via the CONORS office, CON email, and the CON newsletter.
November 1: Call for proposals
March 1: Notification of funding
February 1: Deadline for applications
May 1: Funding begins (funding period is one year May 1 to April 30)
CONORS will review the proposals and select the recipient(s). The recipient(s) will be notified no later than March 1st .
At the end of the funding period, the recipient(s) will provide:
1) A written report discussing how the money was utilized, the status of the project, and outcomes.
2) An abstract for posting on the CONORS webpage and the publication, Notes on Nursing Research.
The award is $500 for one year. One award per year is given; more will be given is funding is available.
Helen Jacobsen Lee Biography Information
Dr. Lee is an MSU-Bozeman College of Nursing Professor Emeritus, located at the Missoula Campus. Her research interests are in rurality, rural nursing theory, hardiness, perceived health, functional assessment and quality of life at end-of-life. She is the editor of Conceptual Basis for Rural Nursing, published by Springer(1998) and is currently working on a 2nd edition of the text.