To provide financial support for CNS students completing a thesis or professional project.
A Montana State University College of Nursing CNS graduate student conducting a thesis or professional project is eligible to apply. Applicants are encouraged to submit for funding during any phase of the research process.
The application consists of a written proposal of no more than 2 pages (can be single spaced) containing:
- A brief summary of the project (aim, statement of significance, conceptual framework, method, proposed data analysis)
- Proposed timeline of the project
- Perceived outcome(s) of the project
- A brief paragraph on yourself (including where you are from, how far along you are in school, and your future plans after graduation).
Attach to the proposal:
- Proposed budget and brief budget justification
- Supporting letter from your thesis / project committee chairperson addressing the merit of the research / project and your ability to complete the project as planned
For consideration, proposals are to be submitted electronically to Ms. Susan Clack at:
MSU College of Nursing Office of Research and Scholarship
PO Box 173560, 203 Sherrick Hall
Bozeman, MT 59717-3560
- September 1, 2007: Call for proposals
- November 1, 2007: Deadline for applications
- December 1, 2007: Notification of funding
- January 1, 2008: Funding begins (funding period is one year)
The Clinical Nurse Specialist Project Directors or their designee will review the proposals and select up to two recipients. The recipients will be notified of funding no later than December 1, 2007.
At the end of the funding period, the recipient will provide:
- A written report discussing how the money was utilized, the status of the project, and outcomes.
- An abstract suitable for posting on the CONORS webpage and the publication, Notes on Nursing Research.
Two awards up to $350 each for one year.