January 2011 Policy A-12 – Upper Division Placement Policy was revised and approved by the College of Nursing Executive Council. Following are some of the changes that students need to beware of:
- The College of Nursing will now be doing two separate application rounds – one for fall and one for spring.
Deadlines for the fall application are:
- June 15th – The application for fall 2012 will be available on the nursing website
- August 1st – Applications are due
- August 15th – Official transcripts are due. Summer grades will be calculated in for the fall 2012 application
- September 15th – Students will receive letters after this date regarding placement
Deadlines for the spring application round:
- November 15th – The application for spring 2013 will be available on the nursing website
- January 1st – Applications are due
- January 15th – Transcripts are due. Fall grades will be calculated in for the spring 2013 application
- February 15th – Students will receive letters after this date regarding placement
- Additional Changes Students Should Beware Of:
- A calculated GPA of 2.75 or higher in required prerequisite courses is required to apply to the nursing program.
- All required prerequisite courses must be completed with a grade of C or better and no more than 2 of the required prerequisites courses may be repeated 1 time to earn a grade of C or better.
- At least 3 of the 5 required natural science courses must be completed with a grade of C or better to apply to the nursing program. Those courses are: BIOL 207, BIOL 208, BIOM 250, CHMY 121 and CHMY 123.
- A MSU-Bozeman cumulative GPA of 2.75 or higher is required prior to enrolling in the first semester of the junior year of upper division coursework.
- Special Need requests are no longer being considered in the campus assignment process. Campuses will be based on the student's priority points and the ranking of campuses on his/her application. If a student is not offered his/her 1st campus choice, he/she may request to be on the wait list for the desired campus and if not placed from the wait list, may re-apply during next application period.
We strongly encourage students to read Policy A-12 so they are familiar with the placement policy. The policy can be found on the nursing website at:
Please contact Debbie McCray, Undergraduate Program Assistant, at 406-994-3785 if you should have any questions regarding this information. Before notifying Debbie, please read the policy.