Phyllis Carr Nursing Scholarship
PURPOSE OF SCHOLARSHIP:
A scholarship fund established by Vicki Hess, in memory of Phyllis Carr, to provide scholarship support for students attending the MSU College of Nursing Great Falls Campus. The trust is administered by the MSU-Bozeman Foundation.
NUMBER OF AWARDS: One (annually)
- Recipients must be enrolled in the College of Nursing and performing clinical course work at the Great Falls upper-division campus.
- Recipients must have a minimum of 2.5 GPA.
- Recipients should demonstrate the following characteristics:
- Caring and sensitive to the needs of the patient
- Critical thinkers who use good judgment and common sense
- Strong commitment to the needs of the patients and their families
- Commitment to nursing as a profession
- Strong sense of loyalty to the patient, the physician and the nursing institution or organization.
- Acts as a resource and health teacher to the patient
- Supports colleagues and allied health workers; is a team worker
NOMINATED BY: Great Falls Campus Director/Faculty
SELECTED BY: Great Falls Campus Director/Faculty
Phyllis Carr was a nursing instructor at the Great Falls Campus during lifetime. Vickie Hess, her friend and fellow professional, supported this scholarship with annual gifts beginning in 1989 and each year until her death in 2008. She made a provision in her will to create the endowment.
The Great Falls Scholarship representative will notify the Scholarship Committee the name of the student selected. The Undergraduate Program Assistant is responsible for processing the Scholarship Authorization Form.