Frances Eakman Scholarship
PURPOSE OF SCHOLARSHIP:
A scholarship fund established by a former MSU-Bozeman College of Nursing faculty member, Frances Eakman, to provide scholarship assistance to students attending the Billings Campus as long as it is in existence. The trust is administered by the MSU-Bozeman Foundation.
NUMBER OF AWARDS: One
- Recipient is to be a nursing student at the Billings Campus as long as that campus is in operation. If it should be closed, the scholarship shall be available to any student who meets the remaining criteria and who is enrolled in the College of Nursing.
- The recipient should be at least a second semester junior who has successfully completed at least one level of medical-surgical nursing.
- The recipient must have achieved a 2.5 grade point average.
- The recipient should demonstrate an affinity for Operating Room Nursing or for medical-surgical nursing as described by:
a) faculty recommendation
b) written essay listing his/her goals and plans
- In the event there are several comparably qualified applicants, then the selection committee may chose among the applicants based upon the greatest financial need.
NOMINATED BY: Billings Campus Director/Billings Medical-Surgical Faculty
SELECTED BY: The College of Nursing Scholarship Committee
APPROXIMATE NOMINATION DEADLINE: November
The student is notified of the award and the donor is thanked by the Billings Campus Scholarship Committee. Copies of all correspondence to the recipient and donor should be sent to Bozeman for the central scholarship files.
The Undergraduate Program Assistant is responsible for processing the Scholarship Authorization Form.