Upper Division Placement Application
Students are admitted to Pre-Nursing with admission to Montana State University and admitted to Nursing when accepted to Upper Division (junior and senior level nursing courses).
Deadlines for the spring application round:
November 15 – The application for Spring 2017 available on the nursing website
January 4 – Applications are due
January 15 – Transcripts are due. Fall grades will be calculated in for the Spring 2017 application
March 1– Students will receive letters after this date regarding placement
Deadlines for the fall application round:
June 15 – The application for Fall 2016 placement will be available on the nursing
August 1 – Applications are due
August 15 – Official transcripts are due. Summer grades will be calculated in for the Fall 2016 application
October 1 – Students will receive letters after this date regarding placement
- A calculated GPA of 3.0 or higher in required prerequisite courses is required to apply to the nursing program. See Policy C-16. Students are awarded placement based on their pre-requisite course work GPA. Selection moves from the highest GPA downward until all seats are filled. Historically, this has been a GPA of at least 3.5; this does vary with each applicant pool, however. Students should work closely with their advisor each semester to ensure readiness for application.
- All required prerequisite courses must be completed with a grade of C or better (C- Grades are not acceptable) and no more than 2 of the required prerequisites courses may be repeated 1 time to earn a grade of C or better.
- At least 3 of the 5 required natural science courses must be completed with a grade
of C or better to apply to the nursing program. Those courses are: BIOH 201**, BIOH
211, BIOM 250, CHMY 121 and CHMY 123.
**BIOH 201 (Anatomy and Physiology I) MUST be one of the three completed science courses in order to apply
- A MSU-Bozeman cumulative GPA of 3.0 or higher is required prior to enrolling in the first semester of the junior year of upper division coursework.
- Campus placements will be based on the student’s ranking of campus (5 in the fall, 4 in the spring) on his/her application. If a student is not offered his/her 1st campus choice, he/she may request to be on the wait list for the desired campus and if not placed from the wait list, may re-apply during the next application period.
We strongly encourage students to read Policy C-16.
If you have questions please call 406-994-3783.