Transition to Office 365
MSU will complete its transition to Office 365 in August 2017, at the close of the summer semester. At this time, MSU will end support for University-provided Google Email & Apps and no longer provision new accounts.
- The transition away from MSU Google and to Office 365 will be completed in August 2017.
- Support will end for University provided Google Email and Apps in August 2017.
- Students new to MSU in Fall 2017 will only be given MSU Office 365 accounts.
What you can do:
Never used or no longer use your MSU Google account and are unconcerned about any email or content left in it
Email the UIT Service Desk at email@example.com and let them know the account can be deleted. Please include your name and NetID.
Want to transfer email or other content from your MSU Google account to your Office 365 or other email account
See the resource list below for guide and instructions.
- MSU Google Account Transfer & Closure Guide
- Forward MSU Google email to Outlook/Office 365 email account.
- Transfer your MSU Google email and folders to Outlook.
- Employee Office 365 Email information
- Student Office 365 Email Information
Please note that there are many ways to move and forward email. The ones we have chosen to describe focus on moving mail from Google to Outlook. If you are moving your mail to a different client simply use that program's help feature and search for how to move mail from a different account.
Can I continue to use my MSU Google email address after August 2017?
Yes, however we will no longer be providing support for it. We encourage you to use your MSU Office 365 email account which we do support.
Will I still log into MSU Google Email at the same location?
Yes, the URL to log into MSU Google will remain the same, http://mail.gapps.montana.edu/.
What do I need to do to delete my account?
Send a request to delete the account to firstname.lastname@example.org and include your email address and NetID.
Where can I find an Office 365 equivalent tool to replace Google Apps in the classroom?
Visit Office 365 in the Classroom.