Due to precautionary measures with Co-vid 19, there has been a change in the delivery of some of our Insight classes and services. Below are some common questions and answers about Insight.

Yes, you do. Though they won’t be on campus in the regular conference room, they will be held over video via MSU WebEx. If you signed up for the class, you will receive and email with a link to follow.

The insight office (as of right now) is still open and coming in to sign up is still an option. However, you can also call us (406-994-5937) to schedule the course over the phone. We will send you the required paperwork to complete and email back to us. If you are sick, we ask that you please not come in the office.

Please call the Health Service Office at (406) 994-2311 for more information on payment options.

Call Jay at (406-994-5937) to fill out the appropriate paper work. Also, contact Alcohol and Drug Services (406-586-5493) for further instructions for how to proceed.

With the current issue at hand, as long as you’ve contacted us to schedule classes/appointments, before the required deadline, there should not be an issue.

Contact Us: 406-994-5937 or INSIGHT@montana.edu

Where We Are: 1106 S. 6th Ave.


The Insight/MIP (Minor in Possession) program is a three-level alcohol & drug assistance and intervention program open to all MSU students, either by self-referral or by referral from MSU offices, departments or the local court system. 

MSU is dedicated to providing a voluntary, confidential resource to assist all students who are impacted directly or indirectly by Chemical abuse. Confidentiality is assured in all student issues. The office provides referral, pre-assessment support, which promotes the legal, healthy and low-risk use of alcohol and the non-use of illicit drugs.

The center:

  • Promotes and supports alternative student programs and activities
  • Offers referral assistance to students and their friends who have alcohol and other drug use issues.
  • Offers workshops, seminars and training.
  • Gives support to friends and family who are affected by someone else's substance use/abuse.
  • Supports other MSU offices, faculty and staff in issues relating to alcohol/drugs.
  • Provides factual information and dispels myths about alcohol and other drugs.
  • Disseminates information on local treatment and recovery program options.
  • Provides information, support and referral for those students affected by behavioral compulsions and for students who are/were affected by chemical abuse within a family.