Montana State University

MSU CatCard Office

CatCard Office

Montana State University
P.O. Box 174130
Bozeman, MT 59717-2220

Tel: (406) 994-CARD(2273)
Fax: (406) 994-2424
Location: 134 Strand Union

Clarinda Marcoff

Office Hours:
Monday - Friday: 8:30-4:30
Saturday and Sunday: Closed

(Hours subject to change during summer or student breaks)


Get Your CatCard

All new faculty and staff members will be charged $15.00 for a CatCard. To be issued a CatCard, please bring a valid government issued photo ID with you along with a letter from your department written on department letterhead stating your employment status (i.e. faculty, staff, etc...) and GID number. If your department will be covering the cost of your CatCard, the letter will also need to indicate the Banner charge number.

Visiting students and faculty, university related people and ACE students need to bring a letter from their sponsoring department.

Visiting faculty and university related people will need to bring a letter from their sponsoring department along with a valid government issued photo ID. The cost for a CatCard is $15.00.

A $15.00 replacement fee will be charged for all lost, stolen or damaged cards.

You can request a new CatCard using our Employee CatCard request form. Click here to proceed.

Using Your CatCard

The CatCard is your identification card for Montana State University-Bozeman. The CatCard will give you access to approved buildings after hours, the Rec. Sports Fitness Center (with paid membership) and can also be used as a debit card at various on campus vendor locations. The locations page lists all the places where you can use your CatCard.

Recreational Sports and Fitness Center
The Rec. Sports and Fitness Center uses either the CatCard or a Hand Scan to gain entrance in to the center. Faculty and Staff must pay for a membership first before being able to access the gym. Please go to the Marga Hosaeus Fitness Center to pay for your membership.