This program is open to students with a bachelor's degree in any field with an undergraduate GPA of 3.0 or better.
- Fill out an MSU online graduate school application and pay the $60 fee. You will also be asked to provide:
- The names and email addresses of two (2) recommenders who will provide letters of
recommendation, speaking to:
- your ability to perform in a graduate program
- your experience in relevant fields
- or your ability to work in a helping profession
- A three-page (3-page) essay addressing:
- Your motivation for entering the field of addictions counseling
- Your commitment to finishing the graduate program
- Your professional aspirations (what do you want to do as an addiction counselor)
- The names and email addresses of two (2) recommenders who will provide letters of recommendation, speaking to:
- Send official transcripts from all post-secondary institutions to:
The Graduate School
Montana State University
PO Box 172580
Bozeman, MT 59717-2580
- April 15 for Fall or Summer semester start
- November 15 for Spring semester start
For More Information
About the Program
Contact Katey Franklin, Program Director, at firstname.lastname@example.org or (406) 994-3283.
About the Application Process
Contact Hilary Becker, Program Coordinator, email@example.com at or (406) 994-2379.