Agricultural Animal Care and Use Committee
|Kress, Don||Chair||Professor Emeritus|
|Boles, Jane Ann||Member||Faculty - Animal and Range Sciences|
|Boss, Darrin||Member||Faculty - Research Centers|
|Lei, Benfang||Member||Faculty - Microbiology and Immunology|
|Plowright, Raina||Member||DVM, Faculty - Microbiology and Immunology|
|Seifert, John||Member||Faculty - HHD|
The AACUC is charged with facilitating centralized, uniform and high quality oversight of the institution's agricultural animal care program.
- To make recommendations regarding the development and implementation of institutional policies and procedures to facilitate support, and monitor the humane and appropriate use of animals in agricultural research and teaching as well as any other aspect of the agricultural animal care program.
- To review and approve or disapprove protocols and other proposed activities, or proposed significant changes in activities, related to agricultural animal care.
- To appoint representatives as deemed appropriate to conduct, at least twice per year, an inspection of agricultural animal facilities and study areas, to review the overall agricultural animal care and use program, and to provide a written report to the Dean of Agriculture and Director of the Agricultural Experiment Station, the director of the individual program that provides agricultural animal care, the Provost and the President.
- To investigate concerns, complaints, or reports of non-compliance involving agricultural animals at the facilities.
- To suspend an activity involving agricultural animals when it is not in compliance with approved protocols or written operating procedures.
- To make recommendations regarding the development and implementation of institutional policies and procedures to facilitate, support, and monitor the humane and appropriate use of animals in agricultural research and teaching as well as nay other aspect of the agricultural animal care program.
- To perform other functions as may be required by institutional need and by applicable laws, regulations and policies.
Animal Dairy or Poultry Scientist
Other members as required by institutional laws, regulations and policies.
Appointed By--University President