|Boyd, Ritchie||Co Chair/Ex Officio||Provost's Office||-||Perm.|
|Banziger, Walter||Co Chair/Ex Officio||FPDC - Planning||-||Perm.|
|Murdock, Lindsay||Member||ASMSU President||1||8/14|
|Ashley, Bonnie||Ex Officio **||Registrar||-||Perm.|
|Hook, EJ||Ex Officio**||FS - Environmental Services||-||Perm.|
|O'Toole, Loras||Ex Officio**||FS - University Engineer||-||Perm.|
|Packwood, Brendon||Ex Officio**||ITC - AV||-||Perm.|
|Zeter, David||Ex Officio**||ITC - Wiring||-||Perm.|
|York, Brenda||Ex Officio**||Disability, Re-entry, & Veteran Services||-||-|
|Stephens, Randy||Ex Officio **||FPDC - University Architect||-||Perm.|
|Drummond, Victoria||Ex Officio**||FPDC - Staff Support||-||-|
|Dubois, Billy||Ex Officio**||Registrar - Staff Support||-||-|
|Hume, Matt||Ex Officio**||FPDC - Staff Support||-||-|
Clerical/support services provided by FPDC
*Appointed by UFPB
**Ex-Officio (Non-Voting Member)
Classrooms and Learning Spaces Collaboration Link
Registrar Classroom Renovation Priorities
MSU Classroom Design Guide
The Classroom Committee is a standing committee of the University Facilities Planning Board and the activities of the Committee include:
- Review annual classroom utilization statistics (including Registrar classrooms as well as departmental classrooms).
- Evaluates long and short-term impacts of adding classrooms or changing existing classrooms to non-classroom functions for designated Registrar classrooms and/or departmental classrooms.
- Review and analyze classroom sizes and make recommendations as to future campus needs.
- Conduct condition assessments of campus classroom facilities.
- Provide oversight and recommendations of the classroom upgrades/maintenance needs on the campus. Assist in the development of systematic long range plans to prioritize and implement facility renovations, upgrades, and technology improvements.
- Develop and recommend classroom technology levels.
- Develop and recommend campus classroom design and construction standards which include but are not limited to, finishes, furnishings, ADA requirements and recommendation, etc.
- Consult with various constituents regarding classrooms (for example, Facilities Services custodial and maintenance staff, Facilities Planning Design and Construction departmental staff, faculty, students and branch campus staff and faculty as appropriate).
- Advise Academic Technology Advisory Committee (ATAC) on aspects of emerging classroom technologies as they impact campus IT specific information and recommendations to support the broader, more general IT planning and deployment process.
- Consult with and report to UFPB, the Provost, ATAC, President's Cabinet and/or Budget Council as needed.
Committee members are selected on the basis of one or more of the following: a) the Specific responsibilities related to their position (ex officio); b) their particular expertise, knowledge or interest relating to the responsibilities of the committee and/or the campus in general; or, c) to represent the interests of a particular constituent group.
In recognition of the importance of MSU's commitment to Shared Governance, MSU's dynamic participative governance processes actively solicit input, advice and perspective from all campus constituencies to inform the institution's administrative leadership regarding campus issues, policies, procedures that impact the direction of the institution. Therefore, in addition to the active participation in committee activities by each member, the responsibilities of committee members who represent a constituent group, and particularly those who represent an MSU governance body (e.g., Faculty Senate, Professional Council, Staff Senate, ASMSU), include regular, timely reports to their governance body and dissemination of appropriate and relevant information to their constituents, as well as reciprocal solicitation of constituent group input regarding issues before for the Committee.
The committee is comprised of members that represent the campus constituency, including ex official members, and representation from the greater university community. Official committee activities requires a quorum of 2/3 of the current membership, including proxies.
The President appoints the following members, from nominees submitted from their respective organizations, to three year terms, with no limit on the number of terms: Faculty Senate representatives. ASMSU appoints the following member to a three year term or term that best suites ASMSU Practices - ASMSU representative
Ex Officio Members:
The Ex Officio members may choose to designate a regular representative to attend in their stead and exercise voting rights; however, the Ex Officio member may choose to attend any meeting in place of their designee, and may exercise their voting right. Each member shall have only one regular vote (i.e. by either ex officio or designee).
Monthly and as necessary to conduct the business of the Committee.
Length of Term
Appointed members serve a three-year term, with no limit to the number of terms. (Terms for ASMSU representation will accommodate ASMSU practices).
Current - Ritchie Boyd
Title - Institutional Tech Project Director
Current - Walter Banziger
Title - Director Facilities Planning, Design & Construction
Appointed by Position
Length of Term - term of office
University Facilities Planning Board
Semi annual activity report to UFPB; Bi-annual recommendation report to coincide with development of LRBP program; others requested.