Parking Appeals Board
|Lund, John||Chair||Faculty -- Math Dept.||-||6/20|
|Steinhoff, Glen||Member||Staff Senate||-||7/19|
|MacDonald, Erin||Member||Professional Council||-||6/21|
|Crawford, Jane||Member||Staff Senate||-||7/20|
|McFeely, Micah||Member||ASMSU - VP||-||----|
|Shepardson, Andrew||Member||Professional - Auxiliaries||-||6/18|
|Blunck, Kurt||Ex officio||Parking Services, Manager||-||----|
|Brekke, Ron||Ex officio||Parking Services, Supervisor||-||----|
The Parking Appeals Board performs the following functions:
- Hear and rule on all appeals of parking violations in context with the consistent and accurate application of the published University Parking Regulations. The Board shall have general authority to judge the efficacy of the application of the university Parking Regulations, the enforcement actions taken and the resulting fines.
- Annually review the University Parking Regulations, with respect to functionality and enforceability, and recommend to the Parking & Transportation Advisory Committee for adoption.
- Review administrative and management designations, signage, etc., regarding parking areas, access drives, etc., as requested.
- Report decisions to Parking Services following each regular meeting.
- Adopt rules of procedure for conducting the business of the Board.
- Decisions: Decisions of the Board are binding. (Subsequent requests for review will be directly to the VP for Administration & Finance).
The Board should meet twice monthly during the academic year or as necessary to conduct business in a timely manner. The Board shall meet at a location convenient to both Board members and Appellants.
Voting Members: Two representatives each from Faculty Council, Professional Council, Staff Senate and ASMSU. The Chair is selected annually by the Board.
Ex Officio, Non-Voting Members: Parking Services Supervisor
Length of Term
Faculty, classified and professional members serve staggered, three-year terms. Student members serve one-year terms. Members may be reappointed to multiple terms.
Student members are appointed by ASMSU. Faculty, classified and professional members are appointed by the President from nominations submitted by their respective governance organizations.
Title--Faculty, Department of Mathematical Sciences
Appointed By--Committee election
Length of Term--One year
Vice President for Administration and Finance
Any special reports as requested.
Committee members are selected on the basis of one or more of the following:
- the specific responsibilities related to their position (ex officio);
- their particular expertise, knowledge or interest relating to the responsibilities of the committee and/or the campus in general;
- to represent the interests of a particular constituent group.
In recognition of the importance of MSU's commitment to Shared Governance, MSU's dynamic participative governance processes actively solicit input, advice and perspective from all campus constituencies to inform the institution's administrative leadership regarding campus issues, policies, procedures that impact the direction of the institution. Therefore, in addition to the active participation in committee activities by each member, the responsibilities of committee members who represent a constituent group, and particularly those who represent an MSU governance body (e.g. Faculty Senate, Professional Council, Staff Senate, ASMSU), include regular, timely reports to their governance body and dissemination of appropriate and relevant information to their constituents, as well as reciprocal solicitation of constituent group input regarding issues before the Committee.