The Recommendations Phase Subcommittee kicked off the phase on July 2 and reported progress on the first half of the phase to the steering committee on July 30. Upon steering committee approval, the subcommittee moved on to the next part of the phase in August.
- Reviewed service user and service provider survey data.
- Summarized the"pain points" by participants in the survey.
- Identified known solutions to the most strongly expressed problems.
- Designed a template to write proposed solutions for consistent comparison.
- Defined a scoring rubric to evaluate and prioritize proposed solutions.
- Created a portfolio of proposed solutions that visually charts and displays proposed scores, summaries, and prioritizations.
- Reviewed data and analysis compiled by the Information Gathering team in support of problems and proposed solutions.
- Reviewed proposed solutions.
- Planned the second part of the phase soliciting constituent input.
September Work in Progress
- Organized a solution evaluation committee representing a broad crosscut of the university.
- Introduce Subject Matter Experts (SME) to the proposed solutions for feedback, new proposals.
- Collect SME feedback and new proposals.
- Re-evaluate and summarize all proposals.
- Draft outline of final report for pre-approval.
October Work Planned
- Report to steering committee.
- Host a public "charrette" to present proposals to the broader constituency and gather input.
- Revise proposed solutions incorporating constituency feedback.
- Write second draft of final report.
- Conduct a walk-through of final results with executive sponsors.
- Refine final report based on executive sponsor information needs.
November Work Planned
- Deliver final report to Executive Sponsors VP Admin & Finance Terry Leist and Provost Martha Potvin
- Executive Sponsors make final selection of proposals to fund and implement.