Research Compliance Committee
The Research Compliance Committee is responsible for overseeing the Research Compliance Program at MSU. The program will include the elements of an effective compliance program,* generally identified as the following:
- Standards and policies and procedures to be followed by employees with research-related responsibilities.
- Effective, high-level oversight to assure overall compliance with the standards and procedures.
- Systems designed to assure that employees with compliance responsibility have the character and background to foster effective compliance.
- Effective communication of compliance roles and responsibilities to all employees with responsibilities for research-related activities through training and other dissemination of information in understandable language.
- Effective systems of compliance monitoring, reporting and auditing.
- Consistent enforcement of the standards and procedures with appropriate consequences for violations, including discipline and remediation.
*The U.S. Sentencing Guidelines, COSO (Committee of Sponsoring Organizations of the Treadway Commission), the Guidelines of the National Institutes of Health Office of the Inspector General, and COGR (Council on Government Relations) provide guidance on effective compliance programs.
|Chair||Renee Reijo-Pera||Vice President for Research & Economic Development|
|Member||Leslie Schmidt||Assistant VPR|
|Member||Lee Spangler||Associate VPR|
|Member||Nicol Rae||Dean of Letters & Science|
|Member||Glenn Duff||Department Head, Animal & Range Sciences|
|Member||Susan Dana||Associate Dean of Business|
|Member||Anne Camper||Associate Dean of Engineering|
|Member||Jovanka Voyich-Kane||Microbiology & Immunology|
|Member||Dennis Defa||Director Human Resources|
|Alternate Member||Deborah Barkley||Human Resources|
|Member||Becky Mahurin||Director, Technology Transfer Office|
|Member||Sandy Sward||Director, Office of Sponsored Programs|
|Member||Daniel Adams||Director, Audit & Advisory Services|
|Member||Chris Catlett||Interim Director, Safety & Risk|
|Member||Justin Cook||Director of Controlled Research Group|